How did Lucas make THREE terrible prequel movies?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Poor dialogue

And phony character shifts(Anakin was drone and evil in episode 2 so he’s extra nice and helpful in 3 just for the obvious set up of his turn) His turn was abrupt and dumb. And the end battle with Obi is easily worst out of all the cannon. Way too drawn out and silly alongside Lucas dialouge(I’VE GOT THE HIGHER GROUND :what: ) Y’all need to stop trying to make episode 3 more than what it is(extremely mediocre)
His turn wasn't dumb. He was manipulated by both sides, and made a decision in which he went to far to turn back.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Poor dialogue

And phony character shifts(Anakin was drone and evil in episode 2 so he’s extra nice and helpful in 3 just for the obvious set up of his turn) His turn was abrupt and dumb. And the end battle with Obi is easily worst out of all the cannon. Way too drawn out and silly alongside Lucas dialouge(I’VE GOT THE HIGHER GROUND :what: ) Y’all need to stop trying to make episode 3 more than what it is(extremely mediocre)

His turn wasn't at all abrupt. Anakin was brought into the Jedi Order too old for his age in Phantom Menace. This was the Jedi Council's first concern, but they only brought him in because they saw him as the chosen one that'll bring balance. In truth, they wanted to use Anakin for their own selfish purposes just as much as Palpatine. But where Palpatine went out his way to befriend Anakin, the Jedi went out their to undermine him. And that's been one of the things that was bubbling over within Anakin. Anakin was already bubbling with a lot of emotion to which the golden rule is to shun all emotion. So, in Episode 2, Anakin is supposed to behave devoid of emotion, but it was an impossible task when he have fallen fully in love with Padme and found his own mother dead and that hidden rage exploded foreshadowing what he was to come. He kept all of that a secret from the Jedi order. In Episode 3, he became a Jedi Master and was viewed as one of the best to master the art of being a Jedi, yet the Jedi council STILL undermined him which he expressed his frustration to Obi Wan. Then learning about Padme becoming pregnant and his dream of her dying, got his emotions all riled up again because of what happened to his mother and the vision he had and his inability to prevent it. He first went to Yoda for advice and Yoda gave him some bullshyt of just push your emotions away, and that's where he went to Palpatine who been nurturing him to lean more to the darkside. So the turn wasn't never abrupt. He was fighting it the entire time, especially in episode three. Every time he asked or propose something to the Jedi it gets undermined and Anakin gets dismissed. The final last grasp was when he learned that Palpatine was a sith and he tried to do the right thing by reporting it, but first Mace Windu ordered him no when Anakin offered to come with him, saying that he senses confusion and to wait at the Jedi Council. Anakin actual turn happened while at waiting at the Jedi Council. This was the point of no return....

By that point he's willing to do anything. And once Mace realizes that he have to kill Palpatine which Anakin correctly states is not the Jedi way, and Mace essentially paraphrased "fukk the Jedi way, this muthafukka needs to die"......Anakin did what he did... he was already in debt to Palpatine.

The problem isn't the story or acts in the story.... it is the dialogue itself.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Nikkas lyiiiiiing

Empire Strikes back is the best.

A New Hope was good too.
Not gonna front, I can barely get through a new hope, strikes back was the best but revenge of the sith gave us what I think most wanted, pure fukkery and lightsaber battles, that’s why the tv shows are so good, cause we actually see Jedi putting in major work, that’s what makes Star Wars distinguishable from other sci-fi IP’s, just my opinion. nothing special seeing guys in ships and with blasters shoot each other to me

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
His turn wasn't at all abrupt. Anakin was brought into the Jedi Order too old for his age in Phantom Menace. This was the Jedi Council's first concern, but they only brought him in because they saw him as the chosen one that'll bring balance. In truth, they wanted to use Anakin for their own selfish purposes just as much as Palpatine. But where Palpatine went out his way to befriend Anakin, the Jedi went out their to undermine him. And that's been one of the things that was bubbling over within Anakin. Anakin was already bubbling with a lot of emotion to which the golden rule is to shun all emotion. So, in Episode 2, Anakin is supposed to behave devoid of emotion, but it was an impossible task when he have fallen fully in love with Padme and found his own mother dead and that hidden rage exploded foreshadowing what he was to come. He kept all of that a secret from the Jedi order. In Episode 3, he became a Jedi Master and was viewed as one of the best to master the art of being a Jedi, yet the Jedi council STILL undermined him which he expressed his frustration to Obi Wan. Then learning about Padme becoming pregnant and his dream of her dying, got his emotions all riled up again because of what happened to his mother and the vision he had and his inability to prevent it. He first went to Yoda for advice and Yoda gave him some bullshyt of just push your emotions away, and that's where he went to Palpatine who been nurturing him to lean more to the darkside. So the turn wasn't never abrupt. He was fighting it the entire time, especially in episode three. Every time he asked or propose something to the Jedi it gets undermined and Anakin gets dismissed. The final last grasp was when he learned that Palpatine was a sith and he tried to do the right thing by reporting it, but first Mace Windu ordered him no when Anakin offered to come with him, saying that he senses confusion and to wait at the Jedi Council. Anakin actual turn happened while at waiting at the Jedi Council. This was the point of no return....

By that point he's willing to do anything. And once Mace realizes that he have to kill Palpatine which Anakin correctly states is not the Jedi way, and Mace essentially paraphrased "fukk the Jedi way, this muthafukka needs to die"......Anakin did what he did... he was already in debt to Palpatine.

The problem isn't the story or acts in the story.... it is the dialogue itself.

Anakin didnt get manipulatrd..he just got told NO!

As he should have

Made asinsubtrlls him not to come, he comes, cant listen to orders once he gets there and kills him

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Not gonna front, I can barely get through a new hope, strikes back was the best but revenge of the sith gave us what I think most wanted, pure fukkery and lightsaber battles, that’s why the tv shows are so good, cause we actually see Jedi putting in major work, that’s what makes Star Wars distinguishable from other sci-fi IP’s, just my opinion. nothing special seeing guys in ships and with blasters shoot each other to me

Yall are a small minority:yeshrug:
I love the space battles, the shyt with Han

I personally can take it either way

But it was never just pure lightsaber fukkery

I think Star Wars suffers when it gets too into the Jedi lore
Like I'm not opposed to exploring it but the prequels went too medieval and stupid with the dialogue

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Yall are a small minority:yeshrug:
I love the space battles, the shyt with Han

I personally can take it either way

But it was never just pure lightsaber fukkery

I think Star Wars suffers when it gets too into the Jedi lore
Like I'm not opposed to exploring it but the prequels went too medieval and stupid with the dialogue
Yeah I just remember that, them nikkas was talking like it was game of thrones when it was only a few decades before the original. But hey, at least the games were fire during that prequel era

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Anakin didnt get manipulatrd..he just got told NO!

As he should have

Made asinsubtrlls him not to come, he comes, cant listen to orders once he gets there and kills him

He was manipulated. They were telling him no, trying to give him the normal Jedi training path, while simultaneously using his Force-gifted a$$ for every impossible mission that had to be done. Either slow walk him or throw him out in the fire, but don't do both. And as he exceeds all expectation, don't hold him back. His training should have been modified from the beginning. He was too old. There's reason they have an age limit.

Meanwhile, Palpatine is stroking his ego, telling him all of the things he wants to hear, AND telling him how the Jedi will act/react, while giving nudges for the Jedi Council to use Anakin.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
his last 3 make the last 3 that he didnt
do seem like masterpeices.
vHgYOwi.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
EPISODE 7 >>>1, 2 & 3

THIS TRILOGY HAD A SPARK
WHEN IT STARTED
NOW ITS JUST GARBAGE.

:devil:
:evil:

in no way is 7 touching 3
and i might go as far as saying that even 2 is slightly better (but i might understand if some don't agree with the 2 being better part)
as much as i liked 7 when it came out, i'm right now trying to remember something memorable about it,
2 and 3 had that,at least.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m one to let ppl have their opinion, especially when it comes to art/media, but I truly question some of the pleas I’ve been seeing copped for the prequels :patrice: literally killed my love of the franchise and I haven’t seen one since ep 3