How did Lucas make THREE terrible prequel movies?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Because there wasn’t supposed to be a real story with Star Wars.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
wanted to be like his buddies james cameron and spielberg and handle all the writing/directing himself regardless of the fact that he sucks at both

if any character in any other major franchise got the reaction jar jar did in episode 1 you would never see them in any subsequent films again. this muhfukker lucas was so stubborn he made him a senator in the next one :martin:
Made him the reason the emperor got unilateral power in the first place :francis:

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it wasn’t. The beginning act with jabba is trash. Ford is checked out and Fisher is stiff/coked out her mind. The overall plot of the movie was dull and meandering. Only the ending(and by that I mean Luke/Vader not the fukking Ewoks beating armed ST with rocks and other BS)saves it from the prequel levels of bad. This was the first sign that Lucas without input from his wife/other producers is a complete hack
yup. lucas got semi lucky that they didnt do exactly what he wanted in eps 4 and 5, then ep 6 and 123 were trash because he had total control

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall nerds will hate but I have it as

ep 5
ep 4
rogue one
ep 8 (yes nerds, im sorry luke or whoever wasnt the same character as in your nerd fantasies)
ep 7
ep 3
solo
ep 2
ep 1
ep 9

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucas was going through a divorce at the time, hence why the dialogue was so stilted.

Also Rick McCallum co-signed a lot of his bullshyt and no one fought him like in the OT (such as Irving Kershner and Larry Kasdan)....
Why would going through a divorce make your dialogue stilted, I don't see the logic

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In my opinion, I think Lucas is actually a good writer and director. It's just his execution sucks. The prequels were still good fun. They are miles ahead of the trilogy, that's for damn sure!!!
How can you be a good director and writer but your excution sucks, what does that mean

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
How can you be a good director and writer but your excution sucks, what does that mean
I dont agree with the director thing

But plotting hes good at

If he was a good director I feel like he would have picked up on how horrible the dialogue is

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The prequels was trash because George surrounded himself with yes men. Everybody knew TPM was boring nonsense from the jump but nobody said nothing because he was George Lucas. George needed a co writer who would tell him the truth and a director to get better performances out of the actors.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prequels are dope to me and the Qui Gon/Obi Won vs Maul fight is the best single Star Wars light saber fight in the films entire series

Maybe on a technical level. But as far as emotion, symbolism and just overall filmmaking quality Luke vs Vader on Bespin is the GOAT

The Maul fight is awesome don’t get me wrong but it doesn’t have the connection between the combatants or the psychological battle that Luke vs Vader had

REAL6

All Star
Daps
I dont agree with the director thing

But plotting hes good at

If he was a good director I feel like he would have picked up on how horrible the dialogue is

You do know he has directed some other movies besides star wars, right?

REAL6

All Star
Daps

You know exactly what it means...

He's hit or miss. American graffiti and Thx were good films he directed.

The execution of dialog and other little things in the prequels were not so good but his lore is always good.