How did Lucas make THREE terrible prequel movies?

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
His turn wasn't at all abrupt. Anakin was brought into the Jedi Order too old for his age in Phantom Menace. This was the Jedi Council's first concern, but they only brought him in because they saw him as the chosen one that'll bring balance. In truth, they wanted to use Anakin for their own selfish purposes just as much as Palpatine. But where Palpatine went out his way to befriend Anakin, the Jedi went out their to undermine him. And that's been one of the things that was bubbling over within Anakin. Anakin was already bubbling with a lot of emotion to which the golden rule is to shun all emotion. So, in Episode 2, Anakin is supposed to behave devoid of emotion, but it was an impossible task when he have fallen fully in love with Padme and found his own mother dead and that hidden rage exploded foreshadowing what he was to come. He kept all of that a secret from the Jedi order. In Episode 3, he became a Jedi Master and was viewed as one of the best to master the art of being a Jedi, yet the Jedi council STILL undermined him which he expressed his frustration to Obi Wan. Then learning about Padme becoming pregnant and his dream of her dying, got his emotions all riled up again because of what happened to his mother and the vision he had and his inability to prevent it. He first went to Yoda for advice and Yoda gave him some bullshyt of just push your emotions away, and that's where he went to Palpatine who been nurturing him to lean more to the darkside. So the turn wasn't never abrupt. He was fighting it the entire time, especially in episode three. Every time he asked or propose something to the Jedi it gets undermined and Anakin gets dismissed. The final last grasp was when he learned that Palpatine was a sith and he tried to do the right thing by reporting it, but first Mace Windu ordered him no when Anakin offered to come with him, saying that he senses confusion and to wait at the Jedi Council. Anakin actual turn happened while at waiting at the Jedi Council. This was the point of no return....

By that point he's willing to do anything. And once Mace realizes that he have to kill Palpatine which Anakin correctly states is not the Jedi way, and Mace essentially paraphrased "fukk the Jedi way, this muthafukka needs to die"......Anakin did what he did... he was already in debt to Palpatine.

The problem isn't the story or acts in the story.... it is the dialogue itself.

Breh beautifully explained...:salute:

Episode three was a Great movie minus a flaw or 2. Palpatine played anakin, setting him up for this since he was kids. He put those visions in his head of mother's death, and of padmae's death, he knew that would push in over the age

Also the jedi failed him, yoda provided no real guidance. Only kenombi could've prevented this had he listened to count Duku in episode 2 when he told him palpatine was the sith lord, kenombi completely ignored him.

Also made windu should taken anakin and only arrested the emperor instead of trying to kill him, if the emperor would have killed windu in cold blood after the arrest that act would have indefinitely pushed anakin towards the light side of the force.

But windu trying to kill him in front of anakin sealed both their fate. At that time anakin's mindset was too fragile ant needed to handle as such knowing the destruction he was capable of if he were to turn.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Anakin didnt get manipulatrd..he just got told NO

Wrong, palpatine put those visions in his head about his mother an padmae's death. Palpatine never had any plans to help anakin save padmae, but he knew he desperate and told him what he needed to hear to push him more into turning, he lied and said vader killed her when infact he didnt kill her, but it sent him more over the edge.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Wrong, palpatine put those visions in his head about his mother an padmae's death. Palpatine never had any plans to help anakin save padmae, but he knew he desperate and told him what he needed to hear to push him more into turning, he lied and said vader killed her when infact he didnt kill her, but it sent him more over the edge.
I mean by the Jedi

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His turn wasn't at all abrupt. Anakin was brought into the Jedi Order too old for his age in Phantom Menace. This was the Jedi Council's first concern, but they only brought him in because they saw him as the chosen one that'll bring balance. In truth, they wanted to use Anakin for their own selfish purposes just as much as Palpatine. But where Palpatine went out his way to befriend Anakin, the Jedi went out their to undermine him. And that's been one of the things that was bubbling over within Anakin. Anakin was already bubbling with a lot of emotion to which the golden rule is to shun all emotion. So, in Episode 2, Anakin is supposed to behave devoid of emotion, but it was an impossible task when he have fallen fully in love with Padme and found his own mother dead and that hidden rage exploded foreshadowing what he was to come. He kept all of that a secret from the Jedi order. In Episode 3, he became a Jedi Master and was viewed as one of the best to master the art of being a Jedi, yet the Jedi council STILL undermined him which he expressed his frustration to Obi Wan. Then learning about Padme becoming pregnant and his dream of her dying, got his emotions all riled up again because of what happened to his mother and the vision he had and his inability to prevent it. He first went to Yoda for advice and Yoda gave him some bullshyt of just push your emotions away, and that's where he went to Palpatine who been nurturing him to lean more to the darkside. So the turn wasn't never abrupt. He was fighting it the entire time, especially in episode three. Every time he asked or propose something to the Jedi it gets undermined and Anakin gets dismissed. The final last grasp was when he learned that Palpatine was a sith and he tried to do the right thing by reporting it, but first Mace Windu ordered him no when Anakin offered to come with him, saying that he senses confusion and to wait at the Jedi Council. Anakin actual turn happened while at waiting at the Jedi Council. This was the point of no return....

By that point he's willing to do anything. And once Mace realizes that he have to kill Palpatine which Anakin correctly states is not the Jedi way, and Mace essentially paraphrased "fukk the Jedi way, this muthafukka needs to die"......Anakin did what he did... he was already in debt to Palpatine.

The problem isn't the story or acts in the story.... it is the dialogue itself.

I use to be a prequel hater like the others that grew up with 4-6. I did a rewatch of series to prepare for Force Awakens, and 1-3 really clicked. I was able to look pass the look (I think a remaster with improved CGI would make the films look way better) I started to pay attention to the story and then I was like :ohhh:. Rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin was great and the sequel trilogy doesn't fit with the previous 6.
What hurt the prequels was that George couldn't get anyone to direct the films. Had he got Spielberg to do Phantom Menace :ohlawd:

Last edited:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I use to be a prequel hater like the others that grew up with 4-6. I did a rewatch of series to prepare for Force Awakens, and 1-3 really clicked. I was able to look pass the look (I think a remaster with improved CGI would make the films look way better) I started to pay attention to the story and then I was like :ohhh:. Rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin great and the sequel trilogy doesn't fit with the previous 6.
What hurt the prequels was that George couldn't get anyone to direct the films. Had he got Spielberg to do Phantom Menace :ohlawd:
You see it though. The Prequels were the heroes journey in spades. Paving the way for Rouge One and A New Hope. It was a great origin.

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
I can never feel bad for Anakin

Killed Windu while his back was turn

For bytch ass Palpatine

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
And yeah Return of The Sith was cool

Why the hell did they say younglings instead of children?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yeah Return of The Sith was cool

Why the hell did they say younglings instead of children?
Just like different decades, states, regions, countries got their own slang I would imagine the same applies to a galaxy far far away.