How did Zeke become so washed so damn fast

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Pollard didn't have a problem doing something productive with his carries :francis:

Zeke has completely lost the burst that made him special. He has no top end speed anymore. He is no threat in the open field, he gets hawked down by everybody now.

He also runs to contact to much, where he sees a defender and he just runs directly into them. No elusiveness.

Dude had A TON of carries his 1st 3 years in the league. He just physically isn't the same back anymore.
THIS. ALL OF IT. The speed and moves that made him Zeke hasn't been there for a while and it's not coming back either. Even in 2019 it was apparent he was slipping but he still had more burst than he he's got now. Zeke should now be a 200 carry a back season instead of 300 plus like he used to be.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
THIS. ALL OF IT. The speed and moves that made him Zeke hasn't been there for a while and it's not coming back either. Even in 2019 it was apparent he was slipping but he still had more burst than he he's got now. Zeke should now be a 200 carry a back season instead of 300 plus like he used to be.
You guys are insane

Zeke was NEVER that type of RB where he could score from anywhere on the field he’s a chain mover that could get you the 17, 20 yd runs. He’s a power back that could get you chunks but he needs carries to do that

He was never the Saquon Barkley type that could go 80 yds I don’t know what the hell you talkin bout

Last edited:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
You guys are insane

Zeke was NEVER that type of RB where he could score from anywhere on the field he’s a chain mover that could get you the 17, 20 yd runs in the 4th once the defense wears down. He’s a power back that could get chunks but he needs carries

He was never the Saquon Barkley type that could go 80 yds I don’t know what the hell you talkin bout
Nah he never had the speed of a Barkley or Kamara but Zeke was capable of having a 50-60 yard run though and he simply doesn't look like that player anymore. He needs touches to get in his groove but when he gets them he doesn't look good at all and hasn't since he signed that contract. Hopefully he proves me wrong and gets back to rushing for 1400 yards a season but i don't see it happening so far.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Nah he never had the speed of a Barkley or Kamara but Zeke was capable of having a 50-60 yard run though and he simply doesn't look like that player anymore. He needs touches to get in his groove but when he gets them he doesn't look good at all and hasn't since he signed that contract. Hopefully he proves me wrong and gets back to rushing for 1400 yards a season but i don't see it happening so far.
He doesn’t get the touches anymore…

You don’t understand. Running the football takes a full commitment. You have to stick with it meaning you gonna have to eat some 1 yd runs.

The Cowboys don’t run the football anymore. They’re a throwing football team..

Running the football is about attitude..

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide

Kamara is not a speedster his 40 time is 4.55 Zeke ran track and his 40 time was 4.42 I think Barkley's is 4.4 flat. Zeke's speed at Ohio state and his early years in the league was definitely a big factor in his succes.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
You guys are insane

Zeke was NEVER that type of RB where he could score from anywhere on the field he’s a chain mover that could get you the 17, 20 yd runs. He’s a power back that could get you chunks but he needs carries to do that

That's simply not true, refer to my earlier post :

He had a 5th gear his rookie year that was immediately gone in year two, and I don't think it was for any reason other than those 387 combined touches he got in 17 games as a rookie.

I'm not gonna write him off because of a few fumbles but his regression was always gonna come quick with the way Dallas spams him touches.

Zeke didn't rely on those splash plays but he had that gear in his bag, it was immediately gone in year two and it's only gotten worse as the miles have added up.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
He has a nose ring. Only so long before you turn into a parody of yourself.

I don’t think nikkaz understand how dumb they look with that shyt. Only Pac could pull the look off, everyone else like like a clown ass copycat nikka with no originality. :pachaha:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
And all you people talking bout Zeke is done and can “see the decline” is full a shyt. He’s never been injured and is only 26..

If he rushes for 650 yards this year on 178 carries then I’ll believe it

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I'm not sure about the numbers, but they need to look at a clean break next offseason. Pollard is worlds more productive and at this point the difference only gets more glaring each week.

On a sidenote, I never really was crazy about Zeke because he didn't have that dynamic element to his running style. I prefer my RB's in the mold of LT, Adrian Peterson, Ricky Williams...good in small space but EXPLOSIVE!

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Lazy? I do a hour of cardio minimum a day. Stop projecting beloved

No shyt. But even still to eat that type of shyt on the regular as an active breh will have you brolic at best but these dudes be brolic and cut. I don't see how its some hot take to say athletes are anomalies. If they weren't how could they be elite compared to us watching them:unimpressed:
Not all of em be brolic and cut tho

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
You guys are insane

What :mjlol:

From 06 : 09 there are two safeties trying to close off that space and Zeke is just to fast AND he outruns everyone for the touchdown

You probably can't find a better blocked screen pass in the history of the NFL but none of the defenders running behind Zeke can close the gap and if you watch football you will running backs get caught from behind on plays like this all the time

At 1:22...one cut into the hole....gone...54 yard touchdown run.

That is what made zeke "zeke". If you let him cut into an open lane and you didn't have somebody to make contact with him and he got in front of you, you weren't catching him. All of these run are completely gone now because he doesn't have the top end speed to even get into open space like this anymore.

He's not the Saquon Barkley type who could go 80 yards but he got an 82 yard touchdown and he got multiple touchdowns from 50 or more yards :russ: