How do I wean myself off of soda?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Its becoming the equivalent of a guy that cracks a beer open at 5am. And I want to make a change. Clothes getting expensive. Heavy breathing, family health history. I need to break that cycle.

Keep a cold pitcher of filtered water or tea in the fridge and drink it over ice when at home. When you're out, find a brand of bottled water that you like. If you do this for a couple days consecutively or maybe a little longer in your case initially, you'll lose the taste for anything too sweet.

Me personally, I'm a big time unsweetened tea drinker. There's lots of varieties to try too. My favorite store bought brand is called Teas Tea, especially the green+white, Jasmin and oolong flavors.

Teas-tea.jpg

I'll treat myself to a soda if I'm eating chicken or BBQ and I'll have an occasional root beer but otherwise I find them to be pretty gross nowadays.

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
Drink diet soda or switch to vitamin water zero wtf is so hard about that?

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
Don't remember the last time I had a pop.

shyt was fukking with my heart haven't had it sense then.

Then I quit all juices......

Really just either beer or water last 4 to 5 months.

Banned Account12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I went an entire year due to @Token's challenge in 2012. I fell off hard but I've decided to try again this year..so far no soda. To me it's more of a mind thing because they don't taste as good as they did before I went that long time without it.
what changed after a year of not drinking soda?
did your skin clear up?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Starts at restaurants.. Get a water with lemon. I went cold turkey at least 10 years ago. I tasted a Pepsi last year and that shyt was almost painful.
This. I started to constantly get water. Unless I'm drinking it's always water. And not just no soda, but also iced tea, lemonade, and all those other drinks they offer. Now this may not work at fast food joints but that's a whole nother habit to kick within itself. It's all about self control. Try cutting back soda slowly. Maybe no soda on two days of the week at first like Tuesdays and Fridays. Then go from there. Or buy a pack and then don't buy another until a certain day, so if you run out you stuck until the next purchase comes up.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Start working out and you'll stop drinking garbage because your body will crave hydration from water and that other shyt like pop won't do anything for you

That doesn't mean start drinking Gatorade or any of that shyt because it isn't much better. Athletes don't even drink that shyt, they just make them use the cups for advertising purposes

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I did it cold turkey. :yeshrug: Was easy for me since anything diet tastes like shyt to me. Same thing for sparkling drinks. Juice was harder to let go but I managed it as well.