How do we get black folks to love each other again?

Incogno

Pro
Daps
who really wants a solution...honestly?....there are always fragile egos....

it's simple actually...really simple....pride just makes something that's simple look really hard....

first off... stop internalizing white supremacy...stop internalizing the majority of rap music that basically says "all black men are" ______ ______...

just because white supremacy says this is how you are suppose to behave and act...doesn't make it true...even if you feel that is the only way for acceptance

and i know it's a lot easier said than done...but it's not impossible

white supremacy says black men are ________ ________...who cares.... they are projecting their own feelings onto you...

and i bring up black men..because even though you all don't like to admit it...black men internalize white supremacy a lot.....then project all that hatred on black women...which causes what you are talking about in your title post...

MysticMonroe

All Star
Daps
1. Ignore black men who bash black women.
2. Ignore black women who bash black men.
3. If you're a black man, don't defend the stupid stuff other black men do.
4. If you're a black woman, don't defend the stupid stuff other black women do.
5. If you're a black man, respect black women.
6. If you're a black woman, respect black men.

To elaborate on to this stop accepting mediocrity in each other ( and others)I feel like if we do this people will have to better themselves or get left behind
Stop accepting the following:

Fat, unhealthy partners
out of wedlock kids
bad hygiene
bad attitudes and violent behavior
Excessive drug and alcohol use
excessive tattoos
bad money management
uneducated
bad public behavior
bad dressers- wearing pj's, house shoes, rollers, dirty clothes, uncombed hair in public.
stop enabling all of the above also
stop having higher standards for our own races than others
stop having higher standards for your partner than yourself
stop caping for other races, take care of ourselves first
stop doing marriage duties for short term relationships-dating for a month and paying bills, picking up their grandma or kids,etc
(all of the above applies for friends and family too)

As a black female, its hard to find a black man without more than one of these bad qualities....and I know the same can be said for black men looking for black women. I have family that apply to all of the above. Some people don't upgrade their standards until they get money or lose weight, you can do it now. Dont hang around people who aren't trying to better themselves.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
In countries where there are no Whites, Asians etc..Black folks are living and loving one another. I have seen it and I have lived it.

You cant love yourself and your brother if the majority population instills in society a hatred and disdain for Blacks..

Daps
To elaborate on to this stop accepting mediocrity in each other ( and others)I feel like if we do this people will have to better themselves or get left behind
Stop accepting the following:

Fat, unhealthy partners
out of wedlock kids
bad hygiene
bad attitudes and violent behavior
Excessive drug and alcohol use
excessive tattoos
bad money management
uneducated
bad public behavior
bad dressers- wearing pj's, house shoes, rollers, dirty clothes, uncombed hair in public.
stop enabling all of the above also
stop having higher standards for our own races than others
stop having higher standards for your partner than yourself
stop caping for other races, take care of ourselves first
stop doing marriage duties for short term relationships-dating for a month and paying bills, picking up their grandma or kids,etc
(all of the above applies for friends and family too)

As a black female, its hard to find a black man without more than one of these bad qualities....and I know the same can be said for black men looking for black women. I have family that apply to all of the above. Some people don't upgrade their standards until they get money or lose weight, you can do it now. Dont hang around people who aren't trying to better themselves.
You're correct,

It's hard for black men and black women to find that one person. If these quality black men and women say that they have a certain standard, they're shamed by the people who don't have standards. It's like misery loves company and also, ratchedness loves company. Black people as a group (men and women) have got to start checking the nonsense and say it's wrong on both sides (male or female).

I've seen women shamed because they didn't want a dude who had babies all over the neighborhood and I've seen dudes shamed because they didn't want to wife up women who had kid, after kid, after kid. This stuff gotta stop.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
who really wants a solution...honestly?....there are always fragile egos....

it's simple actually...really simple....pride just makes something that's simple look really hard....

first off... stop internalizing white supremacy...stop internalizing the majority of rap music that basically says "all black men are" ______ ______...

just because white supremacy says this is how you are suppose to behave and act...doesn't make it true...even if you feel that is the only way for acceptance

and i know it's a lot easier said than done...but it's not impossible

white supremacy says black men are ________ ________...who cares.... they are projecting their own feelings onto you...

and i bring up black men..because even though you all don't like to admit it...black men internalize white supremacy a lot.....then project all that hatred on black women...which causes what you are talking about in your title post...
So we're the only ones projecting? Because this started way before hip hop. You ever see the movie claudine?

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Be vigilant, western world or most of the world bring down black people and that shyt is always in the back of your mind. You're born here and grow around it.

Many 'c00ns' are guilty of conforming to these views when they see other violent or criminal black people do shyt in the media, nikka white people do it as well, media just amplifies blacks and downplays white. He was 'mentally sick' etc.

Many people aren't aware of how big this shyt is.

Daps
We need to stop talking about each other, and have more solidarity. We are unique, and we need to embrace that, instead of trying to be like others

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I'm serious everyone I turn around on here we're doing black women and when I'm on tumblr black women are downing black men. What's I gonna take to stop this madness? Willie Lynch is winning big these days. So what can we do?
get white people to hate us again

a common enemy was always what kept us together

soon as we got integrated, at arms length... we got comfortable like "ahhhhh we made it"

then they pit good blacks against those bad blacks to get even more of us on their side

gave us the same old house nikka vs field nikka treatment once again... to the point that now we hating on light skinned and mixed people like they ain't real black.... not realizing we're just pushing more soldiers to the other side