How has having an MBA or other Graduate degree helped your career?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
My MBA is the glass ceiling breaker / door opener of my career. My career trajectory pretty much demands it for senior leadership. You have to have a plan for it. Just having one doesn't matter. Also, where I've gotten my MBA from never mattered. My experience and my references are fire. I put my education on the bottom of the resume. That's not what sells me now. Leadership of teams, meeting deadlines, leading software changes and such is how I'm packaged. Education is the cherry on top in my cases for me.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
people need to stop saying this. i work for a fortune 10 company and they encourage employees to get graduate degrees from online schools such as strayer if possible, and these are for 6 figure salary positions.

don't pay an arm and a leg for shyt when you don't have to, and dont let people discourage you from furthering your education on some elitist shyt, like you're just wasting your time if you don't go to a prestigious school.
Very true, if you have the work experience, corporations just want you to have a degree, for bragging rights essentially. They really don't care about from where, when you reach a certain level in career. It's literally a check list.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
So the MBA got her the job or working at the White House?
The mba got her the job she was recruited at a fin tech conference actually hosted by SJU and another fin tech company called broadridge (not sure I’m spelling it correctly). That’s how she got the job.

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
*edit * see this thread is old
To sum it up it helps to go to big brands or schools seen as exclusive