How long till you realize that SirBiatch is right about Live.Love.ASAP?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
yup. that's what I mean. The middle part is kind of damaged by some of the features here. I didn't mind SPG on Keep it G, but I would've loved if it were just a Rocky track. Same with Leaf. I'm not crazy about Kissin' Pink but Ferg was straight up unlistenable, never a fan of him.

Cosign on Demons. Wish it ended off on that track. Would've been a perfect closer.

I totally agree. I warmed up to Ferg on Kissin Pink tho :russ: First time I heard it I thought it was complete garbage. Now I think it's the best rapping I've ever heard from Ferg and it's a oddly charming verse.

Ferg in general is complete :trash:

Regarding Leaf:

:ahh:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
yup. that's what I mean. The middle part is kind of damaged by some of the features here. I didn't mind SPG on Keep it G, but I would've loved if it were just a Rocky track. Same with Leaf. I'm not crazy about Kissin' Pink but Ferg was straight up unlistenable, never a fan of him.

Cosign on Demons. Wish it ended off on that track. Would've been a perfect closer.
SGP and Ferg were dope on those tracks :dahell:

Daps
SGP and Ferg were dope on those tracks :dahell:

I mean I would've rather had a second Rocky verse on Keep it G, but SGP was fine for me. Can't say the same for Ferg tho. His voice is too ridiculous for me.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
great question, SirBiatch :ohhh:

It's hilarious that at the time of Live.Love.ASAP, New York was hyping Troy Average as 'next' :laff:

That's just wrong though.
That was E-bro's dumbass pushing Troy-Ave when most people from here thought he was trash. Once Live.Love.Asap dropped, everyone knew that Rocky was the new wave and had a better shot. E-Bro was just caught in his feelings because this is around the time that people started blaming him for New York falling off, so he pushed whatever New York rapper that he could.

I know Rocky and A$ap mob went to Cali and really blew up, but people from Harlem/Uptown, BK, Queens were already 100% behind Rocky, all because of the strength of Peso.

SirBiatch

Daps
That's just wrong though.
That was E-bro's dumbass pushing Troy-Ave when most people from here thought he was trash. Once Live.Love.Asap dropped, everyone knew that Rocky was the new wave and had a better shot. E-Bro was just caught in his feelings because this is around the time that people started blaming him for New York falling off, so he pushed whatever New York rapper that he could.

I know Rocky and A$ap mob went to Cali and really blew up, but people from Harlem/Uptown, BK, Queens were already 100% behind Rocky, all because of the strength of Peso.

See... I'm confused about who was actually backing Rocky at that time. Especially since it's human nature to bandwagon later and pretend you were always into an artist when it becomes clear he/she has a legacy.

I remember talking to a Harlem chick at Howard (in 2012) and she was like: "Harlem don't fukk with Rocky." And given the lack of Rocky push among NY tastemakers/radio, I assumed the streets weren't really into Rocky like that. I'd see comments on Youtube straight up slandering dude's music saying he's a South dikkrider, etc.

So what's the truth? Was it an age divide? the young nikkas were behind Rocky 100% but the old nikkas didn't get it? Or everyone was behind Rocky but the tastemakers weren't? Or it was hipster Soho kids that only fukked with Rocky and now that time has passed, more people have hopped on the wagon?

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
See... I'm confused about who was actually backing Rocky at that time. Especially since it's human nature to bandwagon later and pretend you were always into an artist when it becomes clear he/she has a legacy.

I remember talking to a Harlem chick at Howard (in 2012) and she was like: "Harlem don't fukk with Rocky." And given the lack of Rocky push among NY tastemakers/radio, I assumed the streets weren't really into Rocky like that. I'd see comments on Youtube straight up slandering dude's music saying he's a South dikkrider, etc.

So what's the truth? Was it an age divide? the young nikkas were behind Rocky 100% but the old nikkas didn't get it? Or everyone was behind Rocky but the tastemakers weren't? Or it was hipster Soho kids that only fukked with Rocky and now that time has passed, more people have hopped on the wagon?

Your last point 100%. It was always an age thing. The old heads weren't trying to fukk with it, but young nikkas fukked with it heavily. Rocky's common complaint was "he not NY, cause he's taking Houston cats flow," but people forget that NY was already fukking with that slowed -down, weed-puffing, slow-sippin music. People from Brooklyn and Harlem fukked heavily with Curren$y and Cudi around the same timeframe.

SirBiatch

Daps
Your last point 100%. It was always an age thing. The old heads weren't trying to fukk with it, but young nikkas fukked with it heavily. Rocky's common complaint was "he not NY, cause he's taking Houston cats flow," but people forget that NY was already fukking with that slowed -down, weed-puffing, slow-sippin music. People from Brooklyn and Harlem fukked heavily with Curren$y and Cudi around the same timeframe.

So older cats were fukking with Troy Ave and Fred Da Godson? :dead: did young cats even listen to those dudes?

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
So older cats were fukking with Troy Ave and Fred Da Godson? :dead: did young cats even listen to those dudes?
Young nikkas were fukking with both (Ave and Rocky) around the time, but Troy Ave was getting the stimulus and radio play. Old NY are difficult to discuss shyt with because they're always going to talk about how trash shyt is (which they're right on), but they never want to give anything a chance.

Also, take in to consideration how difficult it is to discuss what is bumping in NY, when half the city's writers are white guys from the midwest who don't leave Williamsburg. This was actually why I had a problem with people saying "Gummo" is bumping in NY, when I barely hear the shyt anywhere. I remember playing it in the whip(cause, shyt does bump) and getting :what: from everyone, had to turn that shyt off real quick.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Imagine being in your 30s,having the woat taste in hip hop,being put on to it by Arabs in another country,discovering mobb deep through 8 mile,not knowing anything about the history of hip hop and thinking you're an expert hip hop head:mjlol: