How Mercedes-Benz Is Losing Its Prestige Image

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way they're implementing their tech makes it seem tacky imo. They want it to look futuristic inside, but they go too far.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This is because both BMW and Mercedes are trying to grab more of the middle class consumer because they can sale those cheaper models at higher profit margins. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that per se, but it diminishes the prestige of both brands.

Daps
This is because both BMW and Mercedes are trying to grab more of the middle class consumer because they can sale those cheaper models at higher profit margins. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that per se, but it diminishes the prestige of both brands.

I don't think the cheaper cars have higher profit margins than the more expensive ones. These cheaper cars exist to get more people into the brand so they will cop a more expensive car later.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't think the cheaper cars have higher profit margins than the more expensive ones. These cheaper cars exist to get more people into the brand so they will cop a more expensive car later.

The lower end vehicles most people lease. It's a lot easier to make a profit on leased vehicles per unit in volume sales. Once you pass the 5 series, E class relative in price tag the volume goes down even if you tend to make more per vehicle.