How much weight should the avg male be able to bench?

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
How do yall come up with these numbers? 1 mile in 13/14 minutes. Are you walking:gucci:

Exposing your flabby and you don’t even know it.

If you simulate a thread mill at 5mph is 12 mins per mile. The average person is not walking 5 mph therefore a more casual speed at 2.5 mph is 24 minutes a mile.

At least try before you make a unprovoked comment

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Most gym bros can lift heavy but can’t out run a 5 year old on a track. lol

290259e0-173a-4972-9d02-4c6e7cf81c39_text.gif

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Exposing your flabby and you don’t even know it.

If you simulate a thread mill at 5mph is 12 mins per mile. The average person is not walking 5 mph therefore a more casual speed at 2.5 mph is 24 minutes a mile.

At least try before you make a unprovoked comment
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:
The average person should be able to run a mile non-stop which should be at the 5mph average that you mentioned. Sounds like you're the flabby one if you think a 12 minute mile is unreasonable:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

concise

Veteran
Daps
The average person should be able to run a mile non-stop which should be at the 5mph average that you mentioned. Sounds like you're the flabby one if you think a 12 minute mile is unreasonable:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

:francis:

You must be unaware how flabby the average person is or you must have never taken a couple months off from running.

Most people with poor fitness won't be able to run more than 5 or 6 minutes non-stop at ANY SPEED.

12 minute mile is best case for someone who has never run.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

You must be unaware how flabby the average person is or you must have never taken a couple months off from running.

Most people with poor fitness won't be able to run more than 5 or 6 minutes non-stop at ANY SPEED.

12 minute mile is best case for someone who has never run.
And that's sad

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Now I’m a petite chick so my man can easily pick me up but it got me wondering what weight is too much for the avg man? :jbhmm:
I just wanted to chime in and say you doing the most. have your man lift you then if its like that then, guarantee he start huffing and puffing and yall have an argument about it.

you think cause you fine or whatever you can just post anything. dm me when he not around tho :mjgrin:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
You should always be able to lift at least your own body weight as a man, unless you have health issues that prevent it. So if that is not the case for you, then I suggest you start there as your goal and then move up. You can accomplish this an two ways. You either lose weight, if you are obese, or you gain muscle strength if you are too weak.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
WHy is benching the go to metric for this? There are better, more useful exercises and body parts to gauge strength than a bench press :hhh:
This! There's folks out there that are absolutely shredded an can't bench 225, but according to the coli folks were doing that in 5th grade despite evidence showing that roughly 1% of the population can even bench that once :mjlol:

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Google says the average man can bench 135. That's everyday Joe, hopping off the couch. So the idiots saying 315, or double their body weight, whatever, can all of this please just stop? Like, can we be done? Average person, 135, the end. My mind is hurting.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk

Did you read my response earlier? I said they SHOULD be able to do it in 12 mins. You thought that was “too slow” and this could be accomplished by “walking”

Maybe YOU need to log off and go for a run. You clearly not thinking right