How should MVP awards be handled(NBA)

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
One of my homies and I disagree on this matter he says that the MVP should be awarded on individual stats alone basically, I think it should be a combination of stats, and how much your team improved from your impact. For example I really don’t think Westbrook should have won mvp the year KD left. Obviously the media wanted this. On the other hand I think Chris paul should have been one during his run with the clippers, his impact on the team had them winning 50+ games

What do y’all think?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
there should be an offensive player of the year

that way you acknowledge crazy seasons like 19 James Harden, 09 Wade, 17 Westbrook, 06 Kobe but still stick to the best player/best team principle

and hand that shyt out before the playoffs start
I'd go with most outstanding player and most valuable player. Most outstanding player just for who had the craziest statistical season in a vacuum. Most valuable player would factor in team success and all the intangible stuff like leadership and affect players had on the team.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

that way you acknowledge crazy seasons like 19 James Harden, 09 Wade, 17 Westbrook, 06 Kobe but still stick to the best player/best team principle

Not a bad idea

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

This is an outstanding idea and it's amazing the NBA been around for 73 years without an OPOY award. This would definitely acknowledge guys who deserve accolades but may not be the MVP (though undoubtedly some guys would win both in some years)...

Rep!

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly if they add a MOP OPOY type of award, it still wouldn’t gain much traction. Just like the players MVP. Unless the media/writers created the award themselves.