How should MVP awards be handled(NBA)

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there should be an offensive player of the year

that way you acknowledge crazy seasons like 19 James Harden, 09 Wade, 17 Westbrook, 06 Kobe but still stick to the best player/best team principle

and hand that shyt out before the playoffs start

The only reason I can even think of for not having this award would be because it would encourage players to chase stats even more than they do now.

The league has been pretty consistent on its stance to reward team and winning accomplishments, and an offensive player of the year award would pretty much be the opposite of that.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Separate for MOP and MVP is stupid. And the Offensive Player of the year is already rewarded with the Scoring Title.

It's just that they change what the MVP means every year to justify their bias, when there's really no need to justify it. Once they start making excuses, it's looks dumb when compared of what came before. They should just say this was the best player this year, regardless of how we came to that conclusion, so that means accept it.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I'd go with most outstanding player and most valuable player. Most outstanding player just for who had the craziest statistical season in a vacuum. Most valuable player would factor in team success and all the intangible stuff like leadership and affect players had on the team.
I like this

sicksoulja

All Star
Daps
One of my homies and I disagree on this matter he says that the MVP should be awarded on individual stats alone basically, I think it should be a combination of stats, and how much your team improved from your impact. For example I really don’t think Westbrook should have won mvp the year KD left. Obviously the media wanted this. On the other hand I think Chris paul should have been one during his run with the clippers, his impact on the team had them winning 50+ games

What do y’all think?

Chris Paul???!?!?!??!! GTFOH, Westbrook the most valuable that year his team was garbage and he got them to the playoffs averaging a triple double something that wasn’t done in 50 years or whatever. You take Paul off Rockets and Rockets still have a good record and make the playoffs, take Westbrook off and they win 10 games that year that’s valuable imo.

Daps
Chris Paul???!?!?!??!! GTFOH, Westbrook the most valuable that year his team was garbage and he got them to the playoffs averaging a triple double something that wasn’t done in 50 years or whatever. You take Paul off Rockets and Rockets still have a good record and make the playoffs, take Westbrook off and they win 10 games that year that’s valuable imo.

He said The Clippers not The Rockets :mjlol:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
If this was the 00s I would say stats alone. Like Kobe will forever be the 05-06 mvp to me. But now you have guys like Westbrook and harden who put up these gimmick stats in gimmick offenses. That’s not being a mvp.

sicksoulja

All Star
Daps
That year Westbrook won the mvp the thunder would be up 20 and soon Westbrook hit the bench that lead was gone in a record time.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I said during his clippers run lol. And so what they finished what like 5th seed with a second round exit? Averaging a trip double doesn’t mean you’re a mvp imo.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all i know is it need to go back to being awarded before the fukkin finals if we ain't taking the post season into consideration.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'd keep the name and the way it's determined honestly. Usually the winner makes sense. Most valuable just means the guy who is most indispensable on his team, who has achieved the most.

BUT I'd give that shyt out before the playoffs start. It's a regular season award. The ceremony should be the last "thing" that happens before playoffs begin.