How to protect yourself in a marriage?

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
In the future if i decided to take the plunge. How do you protect yourself financially. What steps do you take beforehand?

Not trying to give anyone 50% and alimony can gtfoh :camby:

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
No joint accounts.
No co-signing for loans.
Establish how bills will be divided upfront.
Stick to it.
A prenup might help.

Best and most simple advice - DON'T get MARRIED

But Marriage with the RIGHT WOMAN can be an amazing thing. I have a good circle of black men who I consider extended family who married and have kids but they really waited until their 40's and all of these women are from overseas.

Not saying that works for everyone but they have shown me marriage can work if you are BOTH coming correct and mature also don't let anyone say otherwise there are plenty of good women here in the USA black white or what ever you dig.

I did the above and got out in under 5 years also no debt or signed for loans. My ex-wife is 55k deep just from a BA degree and also bad credit from the jump. I didn't mingle any finances with her and kept separate accounts.

Last edited:

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Picking the right partner is EVERYTHING when it comes to a successful marriage

You and your spouse don't have to be compatible on EVERYTHING as long as you are in mental/spiritual/physical love and in agreement on the major issues. Gender roles, sex/romance, religion, finances, rearing children, each other's families and you guys can hold an interesting conversation with one another. Adaptability>compatibility.

Also, brush up on your negotiation skills because arguments inevitably come in a marriage and you and your SO will need to be able to meet in the middle for an ameliorable agreement to keep the foundation of love & trust strong.

You don't need to get married if you're worried about a prenup because you shouldn't go into a marriage thinking about divorce, marriage is supposed to last forever.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Picking the right partner is EVERYTHING when it comes to a successful marriage

You and your spouse don't have to be compatible on EVERYTHING as long as you are in mental/spiritual/physical love and in agreement on the major issues. Gender roles, sex/romance, religion, finances, rearing children, each other's families and you guys can hold an interesting conversation with one another. Adaptability>compatibility.

Also, brush up on your negotiation skills because arguments inevitably come in a marriage and you and your SO will need to be able to meet in the middle for an ameliorable agreement to keep the foundation of love & trust strong.

You don't need to get married if you're worried about a prenup because you shouldn't go into a marriage thinking about divorce, marriage is supposed to last forever.

/thread

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
If you gotta think of being protected don't get married. Don't listen to old nikkas telling you to get married or old bytches. This is 2017, you can find love and someone within reason if you play your cards right. Patience. I know nikkas who settled down, and did not really want to do that shyt at all. It's what we are always taught to do.