King Poetic

Disciple Of God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere by the Lakes
first off read the state laws

secondly, re-read the state laws as well as federal laws

get the best pre nup agreement drawn up and make sure if your spouse is the one who cheated and wanted the divorce they can't get no alimony

JLova

Veteran
Daps
marry a woman that makes more than you, has more than you.

Make sure she has a useful career

Make sure all assets are in someone else’s name.

Limit the amount of children you have.

Do a thorough vetting of her. Live with each other before marriage and split everything equally.

If you are a cheater or can’t be trusted in that regard. Don’t get married.

Make her sign a Prenup.

Speak to a lawyer

Those are the main ones but really try to align yourself with a reasonable person.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Picking the right partner is EVERYTHING when it comes to a successful marriage

You and your spouse don't have to be compatible on EVERYTHING as long as you are in mental/spiritual/physical love and in agreement on the major issues. Gender roles, sex/romance, religion, finances, rearing children, each other's families and you guys can hold an interesting conversation with one another. Adaptability>compatibility.

Also, brush up on your negotiation skills because arguments inevitably come in a marriage and you and your SO will need to be able to meet in the middle for an ameliorable agreement to keep the foundation of love & trust strong.

You don't need to drive if you're worried about an accident because you shouldn't go into a car thinking about car accident you are supposed to make it to your end destination without one .

See how silly shyt sounds when you apply it to other factions

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Ain’t nothing in this life guaranteed..
Hopefully if you choose to get married..
It’s to a person that has the same goals and views on life..
Marriage is truly a gamble..
Even if you marry somebody with the same income, they could choose to quit there job at any moment..
I’m proposing on Christmas and she is the best woman I’ve met in years..
All I can do is pray she doesn’t switch up:yeshrug:
I can always make money but I told her when we have a child, don’t play with me..
That’s the only thing that would make me turn into Jason Voorhies:demonic:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Marry someone with a similar income. People keep saying marry the right person but people change. The person you married is not the person you divorce
Don't marry someone who has more problems and less money than you. This applies for men and women before they get married.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Really is no way. All you can control is yourself.

Your best bet is to WAIT and marry when youre as mature, logical, settled down, and financiallly secure as you could possibly be at that moment. That way, at the very least, youve hopefully met someone that mirrors those traits somewhat (opposites attract is bullshyt, u tend to marry someone very similar to your values, education level, and income,).

Also youve also minimized the chance that you married the first thing to fukk your brains out and minimized how much YOU could switch up and wild out. Once again the only element you have complete control over is yourself.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Get married to someone who makes more and dont use a joint account unless losing it is not a big deal

we live in an age where it's normal to have three spouses and divorce parties

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
fukk all this "if you want a prenup she's not the right one talk". EVEERY man needs a prenup becuase the laws in this country are biased towards women. Women can change and so can you, so unless you want to trust that your "perfect" woman is going to stay that way, get a prenup and protect your shyt.

And, don't use any bullshyt timer clauses, because a smart ho will just wait you out. All these smart dumb billionaires going in with 5 year clauses and their trophy wife divorces them as soon as it's up.