How would you book Cody to prevent a WWE babyface fan revolt?

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
How do you prevent him becoming the new Cena and have the fans turn on him? How would you book him going forward?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Face title run can only really last like 10 months to a year top.

If they want Cody to have staying power and hold the title for a couple of years. He would have to turn heel around Rumble before they fans get bored.

I imagine that he becomes the victim of a MITB cash-in to be honest.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Cody will be fine..cena got hate cause they made him look like Superman..Cody getting his ass beat every week lol
I disagree. WWE fans have a tendency to eventually turn on a face.

If they want Cody to have staying power and hold the title for a couple of years. He would have to turn heel around Rumble before they fans get bored.

I think they'll make him heel. Someone who worked hard, eventually wins, and gets cocky like Rocky would be a good story.

That being said, WWE hasn't been in this position for a long time where they have a babyface everyone loves and he's got the belt. So why ruin it with a heel turn? There's gotta be a way to salvage this and I think Logan Paul would be a great heel to elevate Cody who seems to really rise to the occasion with storylines featuring characters with lots of power behind them.

I think he will have the belt for a year plus. After this long-term storytelling I don't expect them to pull the rug from under us. It would damage this story if he loses it quickly. I also think WWE is trending towards long runs compared to the past. I wouldn't be surprised if they phase out MITB.

Last edited:

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Damien Priest cashing in on Cody would've been insane

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I disagree. WWE fans have a tendency to eventually turn on a face.

I think they'll make him heel. Someone who worked hard, eventually wins, and gets cocky like Rocky would be a good story.

That being said, WWE hasn't been in this position for a long time where they have a babyface everyone loves and he's got the belt. So why ruin it with a heel turn? There's gotta be a way to salvage this and I think Logan Paul would be a great heel to elevate Cody who seems to really rise to the occasion with storylines featuring characters with lots of power behind them.

I think he will have the belt for a year plus. After this long-term storytelling I don't expect them to pull the rug from under us. It would damage this story if he loses it quickly. I also think WWE is trending towards long runs compared to the past. I wouldn't be surprised if they face out MITB.
You either die a hero or you live long to see yourself become the Villain will probably be Cody's long term arch now.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
If he’s on smackdown, a big issue is credible heels since Roman has been the heel boss forever

Gotta have Brock return to challenge
AJ Styles
Plunk Shinsuke over there because no one really cares what brand he’s on :mjlol:

The draft has to get him some fresh faces that are credible but that he will beat until Rock or Roman challenge for an extended time :manny:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I believe that a draft is going to get scheduled soon to fix that.