How would you book Cody to prevent a WWE babyface fan revolt?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
By not making him a whiny bytch, by not making him Superman, you can already hear pockets of fans against him. I don't think it will be as bad as Cena but by the end of this year there will be a shift, it's inevitable.

WWE really does need to present faces in a different way

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Face title run can only really last like 10 months to a year top.

If they want Cody to have staying power and hold the title for a couple of years. He would have to turn heel around Rumble before they fans get bored.

I imagine that he becomes the victim of a MITB cash-in to be honest.

Cody's heel turn will be deep next year early/2026 but I see him dropping the belt end of this year and getting it back at Rumble.

Last edited:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
As long as he has that theme song people will like him, similar to Seth.

Seth only got hated on online but was loved by majority.

The only thing is how to not make it stale, you have to build up strong heels. Gunther is probably next, I can expect him to start his shyt as soon as tomorrow.

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
He’s in a group where a female is the clear and only star…

Finn came in and added validitlidity to the group when they needed it most.. Dom has star power... his heel heat is unreal to the point where he cant even talk on a microphone over a year later because fans boo him out of the building.

As a matter of fact this group doesn't last this long if Dom never joins. Rhea Ripley literally never becomes Mami without latching on to Dom and the Eddie Guerrero shyt. Her ceiling was "Buff goth chick" before Dominick. There's a lot of variables in play here... the WHC might just be one that sends DP over the moon

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Finn came in and added validitlidity to the group when they needed it most.. Dom has star power... his heel heat is unreal to the point where he cant even talk on a microphone over a year later because fans boo him out of the building.

As a matter of fact this group doesn't last this long if Dom never joins. Rhea Ripley literally never becomes Mami without latching on to Dom and the Eddie Guerrero shyt. Her ceiling was "Buff goth chick" before Dominick. There's a lot of variables in play here... the WHC might just be one that sends DP over the moon
I’ll give you the dom part, but rhea had next regardless, but the mami stuff definitely sped it up. However, besides rhea all these people are STUCK while in the JD. Finn is washed…Dom is getting there..I could be wrong about DP but I just don’t see it I don’t see him ever main eventing a WM.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Definitely No More Crying, I Like Cody But I HATE That Sh!t

Don’t Think I(Rock) Would Happen But I’d Like To See

Cody-Rock
Cody-Orton
Cody-Gunther

As His Big 3 Marquee Matches

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
A good hero is as good as his villains. Give him credible threats and he'll be fine.

I'm not saying Gunther and his cronies should desecrate Dusty's grave, but...

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
If Cody didn't want to turn heel in AEW, then he's not going to turn heel in WWE either. The problem is WWE has only booked babyface champions in two ways for the past 20 years or so...

- Super Cena route where the babyface has a comeback and win where EVERYONE knows it's going to happen. People get tired of the same old stuff.
- bytch made champion like Rey Mysterio or Seth Rollins where the babyface ends up looking like a bytch or a dumbass in every feud by getting their ass kicked.

There's a happy medium there, so hopefully they can find it with Cody. I can see them booking Cody as a bytch made champion though :francis:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Definitely No More Crying, I Like Cody But I HATE That Sh!t

Don’t Think I(Rock) Would Happen But I’d Like To See

Cody-Rock
Cody-Orton
Cody-Gunther

As His Big 3 Marquee Matches
He really needs to be in a good program with Orton, agreed.

If Cody didn't want to turn heel in AEW, then he's not going to turn heel in WWE either. The problem is WWE has only booked babyface champions in two ways for the past 20 years or so...

- Super Cena route where the babyface has a comeback and win where EVERYONE knows it's going to happen. People get tired of the same old stuff.
- bytch made champion like Rey Mysterio or Seth Rollins where the babyface ends up looking like a bytch or a dumbass in every feud by getting their ass kicked.

There's a happy medium there, so hopefully they can find it with Cody. I can see them booking Cody as a bytch made champion though :francis:
I really want to see what Trips can do with a strong face belt run. This is a good test for him as booker.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Face title run can only really last like 10 months to a year top.

If they want Cody to have staying power and hold the title for a couple of years. He would have to turn heel around Rumble before they fans get bored.

I imagine that he becomes the victim of a MITB cash-in to be honest.
Yup. Ideally a babyface should have a 4-6 month run, get fukked over, and then spend a few months back on the chase. 98 Austin (I count WrestleMania 14 through Breakdown as one reign, ignoring KOTR 98) and 2000 Rock being my go-to examples.