How would you "bring back the jobs?"

Airfeezy

All Star
Daps
free job training for jobs that exist now but that universal basic income is going to be necessary once Ai and self driving cars hit Brehs

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
We start by acknowledging "the jobs" are never coming back. Manufacturing is dead. Anyone (be it Trump or Sanders) promising a return of factory work is lying to you, because paying people here $8 an hour is never going to appeal to corporations more than paying someone 8 cents an hour in Asia. Facts.

The question should be how do we create or foster new jobs, and what old jobs still exist. Short term we start with infrastructure. A massive stimulus focused on rebuilding America would create a lot of jobs and spur many city economies. But obviously construction jobs end when the project ends, so there has to be something more long term. Americans are doing a good job of building solar panels for the world. We should continue to do that and invest more. Urban farming would be a great way to further lower food costs and get people to work.

Perhaps the most long term important factor is EDUCATION. There are a lot of jobs out there that Americans are not qualified for. We need to invest more in education, including adult education. Making community colleges more accessible is a great idea. We should also be looking into making 4 year universities less expensive, especially if they are publicly funded. How we do this I don't know.
Bernie wasn't really advocating bring factory jobs back like Trump as much as he was about creating jobs to rebuild the infrastructure and providing free public college for easier education.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
can we get rid of these lead pipes first. The homes in the city of philadelphia are from 100 years ago. can we build some public schools first? can we stop paying teachers fast-food wages?

sure :yeshrug:

but none of that or what I said is gonna happen :skip:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Create a private-public infrastructure partnership that focuses on repairing/building bridges and roads, and the installation of upstream and downstream smart-grid technologies.

You could separate the country into six to eight geographical sectors. Focus development in one or two sectors per 4 year period. You'll have the benefit of continual, meaningful work, and regularly updated infrastructure.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I do not believe americans really want those jobs. Jobs are a front to the days when white men were the head of the family, coloreds were in the back of the bus, and you could have a side woman and your wife couldn't do anything about it.
:smugdraper:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Smart of Trump to focus on trying to bring back jobs, but it's not going to happen. No president will think this far out, nor will our Congress, but they should really be thinking of what to do with people when robots take over most jobs in 20 to 30 years.

Jerry Brown is a jackass, but he was on the right path when he said, "Jobs for every American is doomed to failure because of modern automation and production. We ought to recognize it and create an income-maintenance system so every single American has the dignity and the wherewithal for shelter, basic food, and medical care. I'm talking about welfare for all. Without it, you're going to have warfare for all."

Elon Musk said something about this recently as well.

No Republican could consider Brown's statement with a straight face right now, but it's a very real problem that will need addressed and I'm not sure what the options are.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
Smart of Trump to focus on trying to bring back jobs, but it's not going to happen. No president will think this far out, nor will our Congress, but they should really be thinking of what to do with people when robots take over most jobs in 20 to 30 years.

Jerry Brown is a jackass, but he was on the right path when he said, "Jobs for every American is doomed to failure because of modern automation and production. We ought to recognize it and create an income-maintenance system so every single American has the dignity and the wherewithal for shelter, basic food, and medical care. I'm talking about welfare for all. Without it, you're going to have warfare for all."

Elon Musk said something about this recently as well.

No Republican could consider Brown's statement with a straight face right now, but it's a very real problem that will need addressed and I'm not sure what the options are.

:mjcry: Yeah the ruling elite dont want that... when we do hit that point theyll do something drastic to cut down the numbers

stay in shape and get tooled up brehs

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Legalize marijuana and gambling federally.

Cut corporate tax rate but do something about the foreign tax haven loophole. Companies like Facebook shouldnt be allowed to have a HQ in Ireland where no work is actually being done there.

Provide tax breaks and incentives for startup companies. Maybe even explore looking into copyright and patent laws to allow for more product to be manufactured.

Work on the Heads Up initiative Obama started that is a work for community college project. It kinda flopped but I cosign it. I tried furthering it in my area a little bit.

Encourage vocational school usage and creation. Electricians and plumbers are getting older and there is room in the workforce for more of them. If i had a high school aged kid id try pushing them into stuff like that off the top.

I could see some tariffs working but itd take years for it to take hold and actually create jobs here. Its not a short term fix.

Id do something to cut commercial real estate taxes and rent. More businesses would pop up if rent/overhead wasnt so ridiculous.

Most jobs arent coming back. I dont think either candidate is going to deliver on their promises.