How yall get through bad workouts?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
When I don't take pre workout, I be having shytty workouts. I try not to depend on it, but I just be bored, then I think how many more days I gotta keep going and the time it'll take for me to get in shape. Also me not being pumped makes it harder for me to lift a lot of weight because I'm just not into it.

How yall get through this?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Pretty much I don’t skip my pre since I work out early AM.

Other than that I would dial back the plan to 3-4 movements and just attack those. Sometimes you get a second wind or surge of focus and you can hit the remainder of what you had planned.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Try my best, but sometimes I just call it a day because it is what it is. I try to read some empowering quotes or watch an inspirational video. That old CT Fletcher stuff would have me ready to go.

Oh and yall need to dump the pre-workout. shyt aint good for you and is a crutch.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
When I don't take pre workout, I be having shytty workouts. I try not to depend on it, but I just be bored, then I think how many more days I gotta keep going and the time it'll take for me to get in shape. Also me not being pumped makes it harder for me to lift a lot of weight because I'm just not into it.

Low weight, high rep and super sets.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Yall sound flabby like Popeye without the spinach. Stay ready so you dont have to get ready :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lame ass nikkas dependent on pre-workouts to get you through with your light weight...I rarely use pre and I have to be having a BAD day to use it.:hhh:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Just do lighter weights and go through the motions. Is it you're mind or your body that doesn't want to work out? If it's that your too sore than cut back cause you're doing too much. Lower the weight, workout less, lower the intensity. You wanna have consistently ok workouts not 1 or 2 great work outs a week. Bodywise maybe your sleep isn't good or eat something before the gym instead of taking a pre workout. I like toast with peanut butter or oatmeal.

If it's your mind then try to listen to music that pumps you up. Set a goal for that workout that will make you feel like you won. Try to challenge yourself. See if you can do 12 reps instead of 10. Go up 5lbs on a lift. Sometimes some bicep curls just make me feel good.

If you're really struggling with exercise try to take up a physical hobby. Groupon has a lot of good deals on 1-3 month trials for stuff like kickboxing, boxing, bjj, indoor rock climbing, and I'm sure a lot of other stuff for cheap.

Yeah it's going to take a long time to hit your goal but that time was going to pass anyway. Instead of living the life you imagine, times gonna pass you by and you're going to get more :flabbynsick:

Daps
If you're young...no need for supplements unless you wanna put on crazy amounts of mass.

Switch up your routine when things start getting tough. I always do cardio first (anything from HIIT up to a 6 mile run) and then lift. My lifts don't suffer after doing cardio. If I lift first, I usually can't do more than a 15 minute jog or a stationary bike

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

I usually eat a banana or oatmeal about 30-45 minutes before I workout. I also drink a ton of water behind as well...

I personally havent used any supplements in years. There's no need for it.

In regard to a crappy workout I just stop before I injury myself. They'll always be another day to lift, but an injury can be everlasting. Health first

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Thanks bro. Very random, but are you the one that was telling me about a public health major ?

I was thinking of it, but I heard you'll need a master's in it to do anything. I'm wondering what I could do just with a bachelor's.

I usually eat a banana or oatmeal about 30-45 minutes before I workout. I also drink a ton of water behind as well...

I personally havent used any supplements in years. There's no need for it.

In regard to a crappy workout I just stop before I injury myself. They'll always be another day to lift, but an injury can be everlasting. Health first