"Hulk Hogan is more famous than Michael Jackson and the Rock"- Young Dixie

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Hulk Hogan is more famous than Michael Jackson or Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter has claimed.

The grappling legend is a hero to many people for his achievements in the ring and on screen and his blonde handlebar moustache and trademark bandanna have made him one of the most recognisable faces across the globe.

Dixie - who is The Hulkster's boss on TV show 'IMPACT Wrestling' - insists he is mobbed by people no matter where he goes and even the late King of Pop and the 'Fast and Furious 6' actor, who turned himself from superstar wrestler to Hollywood action man, can't match his fame.

She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''He (Hulk) is bigger than any brand, company, name - he is synonymous with wrestling and is probably one of the most recognisable faces or figures on the entire planet. Name me someone who is alive today who'd be more recognisable in any corner of the world? In places like Africa and Asia, or if you were walking in Thailand? Princess Diana or Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley maybe? But they aren't even with us anymore. The Rock?''

Despite the huge fame Dwayne, 40, has achieved from his starring roles in films such as 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' and 'Pain & Gain' and his recent headline appearance at 'WWE WrestleMania', Dixie isn't convinced he can match 59-year-old Hulk's popularity.

She added: ''Well, if you are walking in a village in Africa would people know who The Rock was? I think his film work has been outstanding. I'm a huge fan of The Rock, I think he is phenomenal, but would that happen?

Hulk's fame - which has spanned across three decades - causes him and Dixie problems when they go out because a standard journey will take twice as long because people will keep stopping him to say hello and to ask for pictures and autographs.

She said: ''You can't move when people speak to him because he stops and he is so kind and gracious. We can be in a car and people will be banging on windows and honking horns and that's just at a stop light because they're like, ''Oh my God! It's Hulk Hogan!' ''

This week Dixie announced 'TNA IMPACT Wrestling' will be broadcast live from The Hydro arena in Glasgow, Scotland, next January when the company tours the UK.

The special show will air as it happens on Challenge in the UK and Ireland and then will be broadcast just a few hours later on Spike TV in the US. There will also be live dates in Manchester, London and Birmingham in January and February and all will be filmed for television.

Tickets for 'TNA IMPACT Wrestling' - which features some of the biggest names in the sport including Sting and Jeff Hardy - are on sale now from GIGSANDTOURS | Concert & Event Tickets | UK Tour Dates and Tickets for concerts, theatre, football, family days out. Official Ticketmaster Site

:lolbron::shaq::manny::smugfavre::jawalrus:

Project Downtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in the Midwest
1215o9t.jpg

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Dixie might need to venture out a little more. I know she has a company to promote so she has to say outlandish things sometimes to get out there and all but seriously lol. It gives people good reason to say TNA is bush league when you as a company figurehead say things like this.

You'd be hard pressed to go find people in that valued demo 18-35 or flat out under 40 who don't know who Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is.

Her statement might have been true 15 years ago but it's comical to say that modern day. Yes at his peak in the 80's there was a very short list of people more recognizable than Hogan. Modern day tho? MJ's death crashed google. Google man. And The Rock is everywhere. Literally.

-P-

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
:childplease:

MJ at his peak(Thriller, Bad eras) was probably the most recognized and popular individual on the planet. The guys death shut down the internet. :heh:

Hulk Hogan

THE HULKSTER BROTHER
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, Brother
I INVENTED THE MOONWALK, BROTHER! MIKE JACKSON WAS A CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND OF THE HULKSTER, DUDE! I WAS ACTUALLY THE FIRST TO NOTICE SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH HIS HEALTH, MEAN GENE! IT WAS JUST TOO LATE, BROTHER! AND YOUNG MAIVIA IS A PROMISING UPSTART, DUDE! I THINK MAYBE HE WILL SOMEDAY BE CLOSE TO MY LEVEL, JACK!

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I INVENTED THE MOONWALK, BROTHER! MIKE JACKSON WAS A CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND OF THE HULKSTER, DUDE! I WAS ACTUALLY THE FIRST TO NOTICE SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH HIS HEALTH, MEAN GENE! IT WAS JUST TOO LATE, BROTHER! AND YOUNG MAIVIA IS A PROMISING UPSTART, DUDE! I THINK MAYBE HE WILL SOMEDAY BE CLOSE TO MY LEVEL, JACK!

Why is there another Hogan alias? Hollywood Hogan alias is just fine...and funnier

Oh and Tna sucks

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
I hate to take the thread in this direction......but I personally believe Hogan is still more famous today overall than The Dwayne (not by much, though)......

:snoop: and for GOD'S sake, I only said "more famous". I didn't say a better wrestler, I didn't say better on the mic, I didn't say he can get a better crowd reaction now, I didn't say he can bring in more viewers/higher ratings than Dwayne, etc......so miss me with all of that, please. I just said "more famous" i.e. more recognizable/well-known by persons of all ages/countries/walks of life

The MJ comment is fukking RIDICULOUS, though :heh:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I think people the world over know hogan because of the smash hit thunder in paradise.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Why is there another Hogan alias? Hollywood Hogan alias is just fine...and funnier

Oh and Tna sucks
ITS THE SAME ONE DUMBASS.

AND DIXIES RIGHT, HE IS MORE FAMOUS THAN THE ROCK. MICHAEL JORDAN IDK, BUT NO ONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD HAS NOT NEVER SEEN HULK HOGAN.