Hulu's....Wu Tang: An American Saga Official Thread 9/8

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 2 >>>> Season 3. I understand the logic and desire to be creative with the experimental-allegorical episodes due to that being a part of the Wu’s lore (Kung Fu flicks, Mafioso themes, Blaxploitation/70’s R&B Soul-Funk influenced), but the execution was mediocre for the most part. Condensing the timeline didn’t help matters much either. The episodes highlighting the perspectives from Golden Arms, Rebel INS, Masta Killa, and Divine were a good touch.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm looking through the CD foldout...I really don't see any. Don't know how I missed that before..

I see why people felt this episode felt rushed. Wu-Forever & the Rage tour are pivotal moments in that year though, so either way one would've been shafted in pace. I hope Dirty really didn't follow one of their tours 🤣🤣🤣 we'll never see another group like that again.

I love the ending though. When I listen to A Better Tomorrow, I always felt they need clips of them arguing or something right before the track started.

I had absolutely no IDEA RZA didn’t use any samples on Wu Forever and thats one of my favorite albums of all time.

I think it was confirmed in an interview that ODB did follow the tour on a couple of dates, or he would be chillin in the audience like a regular fan and just pop up on stage after nobody had seen him for days on end.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Yea …. Didn’t know it dropped so late …. Brazy
Deck and U god dropped their first albums the same year Meth dropped his 3rd(album with Redman) and ODB dropped his 2nd. the crazy shyt is that Masta Killa didn't drop until 5 years after that!!!! But all of the members showed up to support and drop someone o it. Including ODB.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I had absolutely no IDEA RZA didn’t use any samples on Wu Forever and thats one of my favorite albums of all time.

I think it was confirmed in an interview that ODB did follow the tour on a couple of dates, or he would be chillin in the audience like a regular fan and just pop up on stage after nobody had seen him for days on end.
Rza used samples on WF :russ: . Triump had a sample in it. With all of this sample detection shyt coming out, he's just trying to cover his azz. There are samples all over WF. "The Projects" is easily recognizable as "cry together" from the Ojays. Little ghetto boy is donny hathaway.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Rae being a bitter hating ass nikka from beginning to end lmao
As someone stated in this thread, Method man is the complete team player. He's the Tim Duncan of the Wu. As big and popular as he was EARLY, he still showed up to video shoots and hopped on everyone's albums. This continued well into his acting career on Oz, the Wire, and even now he still shows up and drops verses at Wu shows. Deck, U God, Masta killah, Gza, and Rza were going to be there, but it seems like ODB was the biggest problem and he was one of the most popular members. My mother knew who ODB was back in 1994 and 1995 when I was in high school. That's saying something..

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Rza used samples on WF :russ: . Triump had a sample in it. With all of this sample detection shyt coming out, he's just trying to cover his azz. There are samples all over WF. "The Projects" is easily recognizable as "cry together" from the Ojays. Little ghetto boy is donny hathaway.
Yeah those scenes came off to me more like the clan's later complaining about production around the time of 8 Diagrams.

I was also curious about the recording of Wu Tang Forever. Meth had made it seem like everybody was locked in at the start of the album and started getting impatient and disappearing later on in the process. He also says after a while a lot of the clan got lazy during the recording process and wasn't putting forth nearly the same effort as they did at the start of the recording of Wu-Tang Forever.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lmao at Raekwon gradually morphing into the biggest hater by the end of the show..