Hulu's....Wu Tang: An American Saga Official Thread 9/8

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I been saying this since last season.

RZA got EIGHT OTHER hardened street nikkas to put their lives in his hands and set aside beefs and blood feuds to create the most iconic Hip Hop group of all time. not one, not two, not three. EIGHT OF THESE nikkaS!

And not only that. But the show has really gone out of its way to dramatize the beefs they had too. They had Raekwon shooting up Ghostface house with his mom and brothers there. Can you IMAGINE the real life Ghostface Killah EVER letting that go?!!? But somehow THIS version of RZA is going to bring these nikkas together to the point where they eventually become one of the greatest duos of all time?!!?! Naw. It doesn’t come off authentic.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Ashton Sanders has improved in the role. But he ain’t RZA.
Co sign that we will never see anyone like RZA again.

At the same time Ashton is doing a better job than the nikka playing Ghost.

Dude didn’t even TRY to get Tony’s mannerisms and vocal tone down.

Edit: I also agree that they did too much trying to have Rae shoot up Ghost crib with his family in it. Ain’t no forgiving that. Let alone becoming best friends wit the nikka.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I’m trying to see if they show Wise getting killed in Steubenville?

Maybe not this season, I think it happened later.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
I’m trying to see if they show Wise getting killed in Steubenville?

Maybe not this season, I think it happened later.
Pretty sure that happens at the end of the '90s. Wise (In the Rain) was supposed to be on Supreme Clientele if I'm not mistaken. I'd assume that Wise's murder would have happened shortly before the release.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Wow, was it with sophia diggs? Infinite Coles and Sun God are full brothers (same mom and pop). Why Sun God seem like he lived the same life style as GFK? If you look at his videos, this nikka look like he lived that stapleton project life.

I think it's Supreme and Sun God that have the same mom. They've done plenty of interviews together, and talk about growing up...and when they were living in different states. And whenever RZA refers to Infinite, he says "Ghost has one/a kid with my sister."

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think it's Supreme and Sun God that have the same mom. They've done plenty of interviews together, and talk about growing up...and when they were living in different states. And whenever RZA refers to Infinite, he says "Ghost has one/a kid with my sister."

Yea I was surprised when in the show they named the kid Infinite because thats the son that lives in Atlanta and is a model. Sun God is the first born, but I guess Sun God isn’t the one born to RZA’s sister so they had to remix the timeline.

This happens a lot with biopics, they sometimes have to condense real life characters and remix them with real life situations for legal or story reasons. RZA’s got like 8 actual sisters but the show only shows him having one.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yea I was surprised when in the show they named the kid Infinite because thats the son that lives in Atlanta and is a model. Sun God is the first born, but I guess Sun God isn’t the one born to RZA’s sister so they had to remix the timeline.

This happens a lot with biopics, they sometimes have to condense real life characters and remix them with real life situations for legal or story reasons. RZA’s got like 8 actual sisters but the show only shows him having one.

rza spoke about having to condense all his siblings into the one in the show and the young brothers into that one brother in the show.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Not just for him, but for most of the Clan b/c it'd be that many more actors (& child actors at that) who you'd have to lock down & constantly have in backgrounds that really aren't crucial to the story they're telling.
Yeah I was thinking that Ghost was supposed to have like an insane amount of siblings

Daps
Reppin
Kongo

Damn, The Wu. Amazing style. I heard this song on the last episode where RZA moved into that apartment. Amazing TV show. Much respect to the WU