Hulu's....Wu Tang: An American Saga Official Thread 9/8

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Who is the dude Power in real life? Which role did he play in Wu Tang? Also, Bobby's older Brother? Which character is he?

I'm glad you asked that and @King Sun answered because I've been wondering this since last season.

Them and dennis are responsible for bank rolling the early stages of wu when RZA told them give him 5 years of their life.

Studio Time and etc..

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I'm glad you asked that and @King Sun answered because I've been wondering this since last season.

You should watch the of mics and men Wu doc before you continue with the show. It’ll make your experience with the show even better, and explains everyone and everything

Without Divine and Power, Wu wouldn’t be Wu. The guy playing Divine is spot on

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
"I wasn't even shootin at you...I was shootin at...the idea..."
"WTF does that even mean"

I got exactly what he was saying lol

When you in the streets nikkas end up killing people they know and even once loved because they disassociate and depersonalize from their environment. He wasn't thinking about Dennis and his family when he was shooting. He was thinking about being in poverty, being homeless and power gave him something to aim his frustrations at.

Bobby getting them to step back gave him a chance for him to get out of his feelings and into a higher perspective on his own life and future.

RAX 010

Rax on Rax on Rax
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Was Ghost and Rae really beefing that hard or is this dramatized for TV?
I love the show either way
WuTang 4 life

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show is great, I love that they're comfortable doing interesting stuff with the way episodes are structured

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
For those that don't know...The executives of the Wu-Tang Corporation was RZA, his older brother Divine (Mitchell Diggs), Power (Oli Grant), and Ghost. Those are the executive producers of every Wu-Tang album, and basically were still hustling to fund the brand in the early days. In the real timeline, it's said that Power, Ghost & Divine put up the money for RZA's lawyer for that case.

Power is also the older brother of Killa Sin of Killarmy, and was Rae's "business" partner. And he started Wu-Wear. He was in Belly, and did the movie Black & White with Ben Stiller, Brooke Shields, Elijah Wood, Mike Tyson, Allan Houston a bunch of other mofos. He was a producer on that too. Hell, Power & Divine have probably made as much off the W as RZA has. Mook, the bus driver that Power was talkin to, is their first manager, and the CEO of Wu-Tang Management.

You can find way more interviews of Power than you can of Divine.

Mr. Negative

Tell The Gang I'll Never Break My Promise, Mayne
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I know it's been said, and it's prolly been said in this thread a few times

It's still batshyt insane when you think about it.

I'm talking straight :mindblown::wtf::mindblown::wtf::mindblown::wtf::mindblown::wtf::mindblown::wtf: levels of insane.

RZA, having failed in the record industry as an artist, took a whole new and untested stye/sound of beat making

took 11 nikkas, some of which wanted to kill each other

told them "gimmie 5 years and we gonna change the world"

They agreed to it....

and he pulled that shyt off!?

What.... The..... fukk.

I remember reading in the Wu-Tang Manual that folks used to see Bobby just wandering around and mumbling to himself like he was in a daze, but he said he was talking himself through The Plan.

I still feel like God sent the flood to nerf Bobby, cause dude was just too powerful and had to be slowed down :wow:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
For those that don't know...The executives of the Wu-Tang Corporation was RZA, his older brother Divine (Mitchell Diggs), Power (Oli Grant), and Ghost. Those are the executive producers of every Wu-Tang album, and basically were still hustling to fund the brand in the early days. In the real timeline, it's said that Power, Ghost & Divine put up the money for RZA's lawyer for that case.

Power is also the older brother of Killa Sin of Killarmy, and was Rae's "business" partner. And he started Wu-Wear. He was in Belly, and did the movie Black & White with Ben Stiller, Brooke Shields, Elijah Wood, Mike Tyson, Allan Houston a bunch of other mofos. He was a producer on that too. Hell, Power & Divine have probably made as much off the W as RZA has. Mook, the bus driver that Power was talkin to, is their first manager, and the CEO of Wu-Tang Management.

You can find way more interviews of Power than you can of Divine.
Yeah all I’ve seen of Divine is Of Mics and Men, that one joint on YouTube and this one random low quality joint. All I know of him are the guys calling him a snake when they were beefing really. I’d love to know more about the days when they all got along

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
First episode was boring but necessary for storytelling purposes, the remaining episodes have stepped up and it’ll only get better now that they’ve formed the Wu