Hunter & Eli + The New Fab Five...Juwan Presents: 2021-2022 Michigan Wolverines Basketball Thread

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Even the stats show that Jones aint do shyt with shyt. And he played a TON of minutes. He look as bad as the stat line?
To me he does. He has one of the worst shot releases I’ve seen this side of heaven since Shawn Marion.

This game we has a lot of people contributing but I still feel until that point guard position is solidified, you will have too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

I do believe Collins will take over the point and I think Jackson/bufkin should be the “chaundee brown 6th man”..

Jones should not be getting minutes. I haven’t seen anything from him in 9 games that says he can take us to a tournament run when having a strong point guard is the catalyst for that.

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)

Defense played like :trash: especially on the perimeter. Team played flat overall. No energy in the arena tonight. I'm slowly starting to think this is a NIT team :mjcry: We were spoiled last season.

Last edited:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I said it a few months back... Juwan choosing Dug McDaniel in that 2022 class is gonna come back to bite him in the ass. He's too undersized and he's not a true point guard.

To think that he could've had either Jaden Bradley or Seth Trimble instead.. that's a bad look.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Hey what do you guys think about this possible starting lineup:lupe:

1. collins
2. brooks
3. bufkin
4. Houstan
5. dikkkison

6. Jackson
7. Diabate(back up center).

12. Jones....

We have a 3-4 very winnable nonconference games coming up, I say insert collins as the starter now, let eli play off him along bufkin giving instance offense. Houstan is athletic and can be a stretch 4. The equalizer will be Jackson as the 6th man and create his own shot. Jawaan and his staff cant be this stubborn; He cannot keep starting a 5th year transfer guy with you got all americans on the bench who need minutes and need to develop and are much better than the starter.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Hey what do you guys think about this possible starting lineup:lupe:

1. collins
2. brooks
3. bufkin
4. Houstan
5. dikkkison

6. Jackson
7. Diabate(back up center).

12. Jones....

We have a 3-4 very winnable nonconference games coming up, I say insert collins as the starter now, let eli play off him along bufkin giving instance offense. Houstan is athletic and can be a stretch 4. The equalizer will be Jackson as the 6th man and create his own shot. Jawaan and his staff cant be this stubborn; He cannot keep starting a 5th year transfer guy with you got all americans on the bench who need minutes and need to develop and are much better than the starter.

I think thats a good squad as long as the opposing team is running with a stretch 4. I'm not confident that Houstan can man a true 4.. or keep him off the boards.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Women's basketball played a 5 v. 8 game today and defeated Baylor for the first top 5 win in program history. By 5 v 8 I mean Baylor + the refs vs Michigan.

In KBA We Trust.:salute:

• Dap
Reactions: No1

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Hopefully Frankie is fully operational and Dug McDaniel is ahead of schedule next year. I'm not giving up on this team, but they seem NIT bound. It's fine, they lost a lot of talent, experience, and IQ. You can't replace 3 NBA guys and a high IQ G-leaguer and think there won't be transition costs. I still forward to seeing their improvements.

In women's hoops news.

:ufdup:

Naz is Naz, Amy Dilk should be returning soon, and true freshman Laila Phelia is looking like the next star.