I admit it, I admit it......I'm a colorist

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
:francis:Let me explain brehs & brehettes

I can ABSOLUTELY see the beauty in darkskinned women. Most of my childhood crushes (Foxy Brown, Meagan Good, Vivica Fox, this Haitian girl in my elementary school after care program) were all dark/brown/visibly black girls. I see pretty dark girls all the time.

I also had lightskin crushes like Lauren London, Jordan Sparks, T-Boz, Beyonce, those types.

Here's where colorism kicked in.

I realized after a while, amid some self reflection, that there's more average girls than gorgeous ones, so I started looking at them more. Truth be told, when I look at an AVERAGE lightskin girl and an AVERAGE darkskin girl, with everything equal, the lighter girl looks better to me.:wow: I can't explain why that is, but that's probably why it's called programming.

Now, would I date/marry a facially average darkskin girl. HELL YEAH! However, I'd subconsciously want her to have a dope body i.e. nice chest/backside, basically the thick/curvy IG honey build:francis: A average looking light girl might could get away with being super skinny/bad built/fat & unshapely. I see thin dark girls that I think are cute sometimes, but most of the time they have a drop dead gorgeous face:francis:

Is this right or wrong guys? Am I a colorist? How severe am I? How do I change? I'm not on some rapper "I hate anything darker than a paper bag" steez, but subconsciously the dark girl has to bring a little more to the table :francis: I don't hate myself either, I actually think my skin tone is flawless. If there's two BAD girls of differing shades, I'm actually choosing the DARKER one, I like touching/holding/kissing a girl the same color or darker than me. But when it comes to your average girl, which there is way more of, I think the lighter one looks better:manny:

I'm trying to change because if I have a daughter one day and she inherits my skin tone or my wife is dark, there's a 99% chance she'll be dark too and in case she's not stunningly beautiful, I don't want her to be unfairly overlooked by guys, because let's be real, there's a lot of dudes that won't deal with a dark girl unless she's extraordinary.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
:francis:Let me explain brehs & brehettes

I can ABSOLUTELY see the beauty in darkskinned women. Most of my childhood crushes (Foxy Brown, Meagan Good, Vivica Fox, this Haitian girl in my elementary school after care program) were all dark/brown/visibly black girls. I see pretty dark girls all the time.

I also had lightskin crushes like Lauren London, Jordan Sparks, T-Boz, Beyonce, those types.

Here's where colorism kicked in.

I realized after a while, amid some self reflection, that there's more average girls than gorgeous ones, so I started looking at them more. Truth be told, when I look at an AVERAGE lightskin girl and an AVERAGE darkskin girl, with everything equal, the lighter girl looks better to me.:wow: I can't explain why that is, but that's probably why it's called programming.

Now, would I date/marry a facially average darkskin girl. HELL YEAH! However, I'd subconsciously want her to have a dope body i.e. nice chest/backside, basically the thick/curvy IG honey build:francis: A average looking light girl might could get away with being super skinny/bad built/fat & unshapely. I see thin dark girls that I think are cute sometimes, but most of the time they have a drop dead gorgeous face:francis:

Is this right or wrong guys? Am I a colorist? How severe am I? How do I change? I'm not on some rapper "I hate anything darker than a paper bag" steez, but subconsciously the dark girl has to bring a little more to the table :francis: I don't hate myself either, I actually think my skin tone is flawless. If there's two BAD girls of differing shades, I'm actually choosing the DARKER one, I like touching/holding/kissing a girl the same color or darker than me. But when it comes to your average girl, which there is way more of, I think the lighter one looks better:manny:

I'm trying to change because if I have a daughter one day and she inherits my skin tone or my wife is dark, there's a 99% chance she'll be dark too and in case she's not stunningly beautiful, I don't want her to be unfairly overlooked by guys, because let's be real, there's a lot of dudes that won't deal with a dark girl unless she's extraordinary.

didntread.gif