I just got FL Studio...Help a breh out...

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Essentially my first beat. First to make it past just a 2 bar loop. First beat i made using FL Slicer..obviously i didnt know what i was doing, but Primo has beats just as choppy (but 100000x more professional than mine obv)

Its a Black Sabbath sample..a couple keys laid over top to round out the melody a little

I did a LIGHT mix...i'm still trying to figure all of that stuff out without completely compromising the sound. The type of person I am though i'll be EQ'ing this basic ass beat for 10 years.

goddamn breh. that shyt is dope as hell for your first beat. and yeah, it is choppy at certain cuts of the sample but you could mask those abrupt stops with like a short vocal throw from what you sampled or add some percussion (maybe a little crash?) or something. filling that space with whatever works, whatever is just enough of a distraction. hell, even play around with the release time on fl slicer, maybe that'll help. i'm too mashed to think of a better solution.

and shyt, even the mix is pretty good, all thing considered. but if you don't know what you're doing, then it's probably more a function of sound choices, which is actually a good thing cuz it means you have a good ear. being able to recognize and utilize the right sounds in the first place helps big time...cuz it makes mixing waaaay easier. you'll learn that as you go.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
goddamn breh. that shyt is dope as hell for your first beat. and yeah, it is choppy at certain cuts of the sample but you could mask those abrupt stops with like a short vocal throw from what you sampled or add some percussion (maybe a little crash?) or something. filling that space with whatever works, whatever is just enough of a distraction. hell, even play around with the release time on fl slicer, maybe that'll help. i'm too mashed to think of a better solution.

and shyt, even the mix is pretty good, all thing considered. but if you don't know what you're doing, then it's probably more a function of sound choices, which is actually a good thing cuz it means you have a good ear. being able to recognize and utilize the right sounds in the first place helps big time...cuz it makes mixing waaaay easier. you'll learn that as you go.
good look breh i appreciate the comment/listen..

i tried for like 2 days to fill in them spots with what i have and right now i got nothing..the one thing thats kept me ok with that though is knowing that if someone rapped over it that the choppiness wouldnt really be as evident..it'd all be in the background and the voice would be filling in all the holes...i'll have to drop something over it maybe.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
good look breh i appreciate the comment/listen..

i tried for like 2 days to fill in them spots with what i have and right now i got nothing..the one thing thats kept me ok with that though is knowing that if someone rapped over it that the choppiness wouldnt really be as evident..it'd all be in the background and the voice would be filling in all the holes...i'll have to drop something over it maybe.

yeah, true. but i was just looking at it from a pure beat perspective...cuz be able to solve problems like this is just good practice for one, and two, little details can turn a beat from good to great.

whatever the case, good shyt, man.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
yeah, true. but i was just looking at it from a pure beat perspective...cuz be able to solve problems like this is just good practice for one, and two, little details can turn a beat from good to great.

whatever the case, good shyt, man.
i feel you breh. thanks for the help. the door is def never gonna be closed on anything i do. i'll prob be adding shyt to that 10 years from now for no damn reason :snoop:

so many options :wow:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
this shyt is simultaneously the most fun and annoying shyt in the WORLD!

cant get my drums to hit in sync for shyt when i try to layer sounds. i dont know shortcuts very well at all so i have to play everything out on the piano roll but shyt damn near refuses to match up...then i finally get my snares to hit and notice my kicks are extra off and my hi hat is all over the place :dead:

yo fukk music :pacspit:

i'ma be up fukking with the beat again in a few but damn this shyt is so damn frustrating and the beat is simple as fukk.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
this shyt is simultaneously the most fun and annoying shyt in the WORLD!

cant get my drums to hit in sync for shyt when i try to layer sounds. i dont know shortcuts very well at all so i have to play everything out on the piano roll but shyt damn near refuses to match up...then i finally get my snares to hit and notice my kicks are extra off and my hi hat is all over the place :dead:

yo fukk music :pacspit:

i'ma be up fukking with the beat again in a few but damn this shyt is so damn frustrating and the beat is simple as fukk.
:russ:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
fukk MUSIC B!!!

fukk IT!!!

*loads up FL Studio* :snoop:

you'll get there bro it just takes time, i remember 3 years ago i didnt know how to work fruity loops and i still dont fully know how to do most things now , i just make it work in my favor

currently training myself on trying to make better drum patterns on it right now, finna smoke up this dope and get back to it KETTCHUPPP!!! :smoker:

also

i hope you have stopped using stock sounds, shyt sounds cheap

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What type of beats are you interested in making? Trap, Boom Bap, R&B?

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i hope you have stopped using stock sounds, shyt sounds cheap
I never even listened to any of the sounds that came with it..i remember dudes catching flack for using MPC and Casio stock sounds back in the day so as soon as i downloaded FL Studio i made sure to grab up some drum kits and even with those i tend to stack a couple drums to give them a little different of a sound
What type of beats are you interested in making? Trap, Boom Bap, R&B?
All of the above. The first beat i posted in here was a fake Primo boom bap joint though just because thats what came of it..I have a few down south trash beats i started on...i have way too many influences.

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has been one of may favorite vst's the past year or so , I was going to post it a few pages back but most of the time i just lurk....side note if you watch the first video bro miss speaks when he says you cant have the sample window change automatically you see people set it up in some of the other videos on youtube ..the last guy has 3 or 4 video tutorial...this and a mpk mini or launch key mini and your set for awhile. I usually make a patteren lay down my drums in the step sequencer " one of the reasons i use fl " clone the patteren erase the poise panio roll make a new sequence withthe chops edit, a kick or snare in the drums to change it up clone pattern 3 edit etc etc....I use the method beacuse i like to chop manual sometimes just drop a loop or whole song make a chop and copy the pad tap the tempo afterwards , but when i want to slice fast i use the fl slicer like mentioned here and chop loops to beats or half beats ...Hope this helps .....peace to the coli

Last edited: