I just got FL Studio...Help a breh out...

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its probally more for person who likes the fpc only you can edit the sample inside the plugin ...different workflows, i go back and forth .... Pad copying is something i picked up watcing ski beatz and a few others chop on maschine...one last thing i dont think those vidoes mention is that you really only worry about the start point in most cases when you chop by duplicating pads

Last edited:

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Its probally more for person who likes the fpc only you can edit the sample inside the plugin ...different workflows, i go back and forth .... Pad copying is something i picked up watcing ski beatz and a few others chop on maschine...one last thing i dont think those vidoes mention is that you really only worry about the start point in most cases when you chop by duplicating pads

Alright but can you save the kick after you edited it?

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah you can build you own kits save them etc layer, round, robin random, you can humise the vel, time, and pitch. Chop up a few different kicks or snares from a break and layer them on round robin and make you own cycle kit like the ones recently selling on drum kit sites. There is a lot you can do with poise sampler and there is not a lot of menu diving to get to the things that are used often I like that . Sometimes with the slicer I may want to adjust the atk of a sample with a snare hit at the start the its global and will affect chops I dont want to touch, with poise you pick what sample to adjust but you can still send all your chops to the same mixer slots . Honestly though keep at what ever your comfortable with just thought I would share some info because I never see that sampler mentioned and its like the only one I know of that you can adjust the start stop and zoom form you controller if you want.

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Yeah you can build you own kits save them etc layer, round, robin random, you can humise the vel, time, and pitch. Chop up a few different kicks or snares from a break and layer them on round robin and make you own cycle kit like the ones recently selling on drum kit sites. There is a lot you can do with poise sampler and there is not a lot of menu diving to get to the things that are used often I like that . Sometimes with the slicer I may want to adjust the atk of a sample with a snare hit at the start the its global and will affect chops I dont want to touch, with poise you pick what sample to adjust but you can still send all your chops to the same mixer slots . Honestly though keep at what ever your comfortable with just thought I would share some info because I never see that sampler mentioned and its like the only one I know of that you can adjust the start stop and zoom form you controller if you want.

I meant can you save the Kick as a Wave-file after you edited it?
Or do you have to re-sample and all that?

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Besides re sampling I dont think you can edit the wave and then drag it out like you can edit and the drag out of Edison i could be wrong ....maybe other people will see the vst and find different way to use it... part of why i posted maybe I put one person on ...I no expert please dont let me come across that way ....I get most the stuff I learn/learned off the YouTube and forums ...regular internet shyt , production kinda just turned into a hobby always wanted make beats when I was younger but I didnt realize it was possible until later in my life .

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Alright, than i'm not gonna look into it personally.
Since i always replace my drums if there's plops at the end after editing that out.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
made some progress on the beat i was working on the other day...i gota get a better drum pattern going for it...also not 100% sold on the snare becuase of the pattern i use..might switch it out completely or use a 2nd snare for the repeating parts...

so many options :francis:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
made some progress on the beat i was working on the other day...i gota get a better drum pattern going for it...also not 100% sold on the snare becuase of the pattern i use..might switch it out completely or use a 2nd snare for the repeating parts...

so many options :francis:

make a 10min tune breh :blessed:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
fl mastering is pretty straight forward

you add maximus to the main channel, solo each frequency low/mid/high and try to get the wav frequencies as close to 0 as possible without clipping by messing around with the frequency cutoffs and the shape of the eq

can't remember the exact video tutorial, but most should show pretty much the same thing