I just spent a week in Havana, Cuba. AMA.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
How was is the economic situation there? Is it expensive, are there supply chain issues?
It's really bad down there. Our government says to take exchange your money for Cuban Pesos but they want American dollars. Lots of supply issues. People having to wait days to get some chicken, gas for their cars. Inflation is negatively effecting us but it's really fukking up Cuba. Covid really fukked up their economy since a good chunk of their money comes from tourism.
Did you still need to take a PCR test a day befofe departure when arriving in Havana and coming back to the US?
I took a PCR test the day before but when I departed the U.S., they didn't ask for my test results. Coming back to the U.S., you needed to have a negative test. I took the antigen (rapid result) test the day before.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Did you mingle with the locals or stay in the tourist area? And did you feel safe overall?
No lie breh, I felt so safe the entire time. The place I stayed at was a Hostel which is like an airbnb. I walked around the city multiple days by myself and felt totally at ease. Nobody spoke English but a few did. I totally felt comfortable. It's a LOT of Afro Cubans there. I knew there were black people that were descendants of slaves that were taken by the Spanish but I didn't realize it was so much.