I just spent a week in Havana, Cuba. AMA.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I really want to go to Cuba…. :noah:

But only as a singleton.:youngsabo:
It's so many bad chicks down there. Just walking around. Not everyone has cars so people rely on busses and taxis so people tend to walk a lot. Didn't see any obese people down there.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
How are the women?
Very friendly. I don't speak Spanish but you can walk up to them and try to have a conversation. From what local dudes told me about the women down there, they are very friendly and approachable. Obviously being American they'll be more friendly but if you can speak some Spanish, you'll REALLY EAT.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The obvious: How are the women? :shaq:
:russ:
Women are bad breh. A lot of population is Afro Cuban. There were women down there that looked like sisters you would see in Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. I'd you're into Latina women, they're out there. Gorgeous women all around.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
traveling is a humbling experience in many ways.
so far as the landscape goes, what hit you the hardest?
Getting simple stuff can take as long as three days. I took some small toiletries like toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, nail clippers, socks, t-shirts, underwear, etc to give to people because people told me giving stuff like that will make the locals like you more. They appreciated it a lot. One dude broke down crying because I gave him so crest toothpaste. :mjcry:America has a LOT of problems but I'm grateful for what we have.

Infrastructure is bad down there. Roads are messed up and some building are falling apart. Despite the hardships the cubans have though, they all seemed happy. It makes me think twice about whining about my problems when people have it much worse.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Did you visit any afro communities? Any Afrikan-centered organizations?
I didn't but there were so many Afro Cubans around. I played dominoes with a few Afro Cuban brothers for like two hours. I didn't really understand them and they really didn't understand me but we had a great time. They had a little memorial dedicated to MLK, Malcolm X, Denmark Vessy, and Nat Turner which shocked me. I can understand the Malcolm tribute but was surprised to see the Nat Turner and Denmark tributes.

The Afro Cuban population is beautiful!