I really miss the show SPARTACUS

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
"Vikings" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Spartacus"

I wanted to check out this show, but knowing the lead actor passed away after the first season beforehand takes away from the suspense. Also Sam Raimi in the cut tells me this has Xena the Warrior Princess vibes

giphy.gif

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
HBOs Rome starts a few years after Spartacus and there are some of the same characters. Caesar, Pompeii, etc.

The the classic BBC's I, Claudius picks up after that with Augustus.

Rome is a top quality show, the best of its kind I've ever seen (historical drama/politics/war)

I haven't seen Spartacus yet. Why is Caesar in it? He must be a minor character because he wasn't an important person for about a decade after Spartacus. If the show is historically authentic then Crassus should be the bad guy, and Pompey should be the bad guy's bad guy - as in, the main antagonist to Crassus besides Spartacus himself. Am I right about that?

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Rome is a top quality show, the best of its kind I've ever seen (historical drama/politics/war)

I haven't seen Spartacus yet. Why is Caesar in it? He must be a minor character because he wasn't an important person for about a decade after Spartacus. If the show is historically authentic then Crassus should be the bad guy, and Pompey should be the bad guy's bad guy - as in, the main antagonist to Crassus besides Spartacus himself. Am I right about that?

He was a young guy in Spartacus

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps

Hes not a major character at all... He shows up in the later season as a youngin

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Double agent Caesar :pachaha: doesn't appear until the final season where he's a young subordinate of Crassus and a major antagonist. You get the idea Pompey is an a$$hole to Crassus but he's off screen until the very last moments of the show. Spartacus is more fantasy than historically accurate. For example, a few historical figures get killed when they really survived on record, the fighting is on some over the top WWE/Mortal Kombat shyt :russ: and the writers play a lot with the timeline of some events. Despite that the writers show a lot of accuracy in how the rebellion plays out and in subtle things.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I wanted to check out this show, but knowing the lead actor passed away after the first season beforehand takes away from the suspense. Also Sam Raimi in the cut tells me this has Xena the Warrior Princess vibes

If you do watch it, don't give up after the pilot. I thought the pilot was terrible. By the end of the first season it went from "leave show on in the background while you do something else" to "watch every episode live, then re-watch during the week before the next episode airs".

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Seems like the type of show that'll get revived eventually, only with none of the original cast and be nowhere near as good as the original:pachaha: