Ice Cube's Lost Interview - Cube didn't give not one f*cK

Gravity

Banned
Daps
A lot of y'all just go with the flow man. I didn't make through the interview because he blatantly contradicts himself within the first 2 mins. First he says that rap is "nothing but the truth" then turns around and compares rappers to actors like Pacino and Arnold in response to her "y'all say that y'all are gangsters so people think that you're gangsters" point. He's just lucky that it was an interviewer that either didn't catch that or didn't want to really challenge him.

Mainly tho, I guess I don't see the point in being impressed by "conscious" cube from hat early 90s era knowing that he's not the same person now and maybe was never really that person.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
A lot of y'all just go with the flow man. I didn't make through the interview because he blatantly contradicts himself within the first 2 mins. First he says that rap is "nothing but the truth" then turns around and compares rappers to actors like Pacino and Arnold in response to her "y'all say that y'all are gangsters so people think that you're gangsters" point. He's just lucky that it was an interviewer that either didn't catch that or didn't want to really challenge him.

Mainly tho, I guess I don't see the point in being impressed by "conscious" cube from hat early 90s era knowing that he's not the same person now and maybe was never really that person.

No. You just didn't get it. Rap is "nothing but the truth" is REAL! He also said he "distributes information", like a hood magazine or a reporter, not necessarily the HE HIMSELF is the "gangsta" ie Pacino. He's acting as a conduit for the world to see what's going on is his neighborhood/city. If you can't see that then it's not meant for you. I can tell just by you saying that you "didn't make it through the interview" that it's not.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
No. You just didn't get it. Rap is "nothing but the truth" is REAL! He also said he "distributes information", like a hood magazine or a reporter, not necessarily the HE HIMSELF is the "gangsta" ie Pacino. He's acting as a conduit for the world to see what's going on is his neighborhood/city. If you can't see that then it's not meant for you. I can tell just by you saying that you "didn't make it through the interview" that it's not.
Shut the fukk up. First he said that rap was real then he made an analogy that would imply that it's some shyt that you shouldn't take seriously. The Arnold Schwarzenegger implied that when rappers talk about killing people in their rhymes/music it's just a Hollywood actor killing people ina movie. The obvious admission was that no all of the music came from the "hood news reporter ghetto CNN" angle that is often overblown. I would say that most gangster rap ended up bein just ignorant gratuitous violence made for entertainment purposes only.

Don't stoop to that weak ass ad hominem shyt either. I was a kid going to school with amerikkkas most wanted in the Walkman in 1990. little dude.

laughslikebig

Banned
Daps
Shut the fukk up. First he said that rap was real then he made an analogy that would imply that it's some shyt that you shouldn't take seriously. The Arnold Schwarzenegger implied that when rappers talk about killing people in their rhymes/music it's just a Hollywood actor killing people ina movie. The obvious admission was that no all of the music came from the "hood news reporter ghetto CNN" angle that is often overblown. I would say that most gangster rap ended up bein just ignorant gratuitous violence made for entertainment purposes only.

Don't stoop to that weak ass ad hominem shyt either. I was a kid going to school with amerikkkas most wanted in the Walkman in 1990. little dude.
Shut the fukk up.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...

Cube is speaking in the narrative of it being entertainment and using Al Pacino as an actor was an example to loan semblence to the content.

Scarface is nothing but the truth as well if you look at the socio-political backdrop that it was encompassed around.

I AM GDN

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:blessed: Preach fam...preach!

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too all my youngings..........this is the difference..... between Rappers of the older generations.......
and the rappers of today...........i dont see any rappers of this day and age, even articulating
and addressing the issues, i mean how sharp Cube was.......how exact he was in his approach...
damn Cube was cooking.......all truth....no lies were told.......

"We are becoming they hero's"........."they taking Bon Jovi off the wall".......
had her baffled.......time and time again.......10/10 for Cube.....

Comic Book vs Newspaper.......... whew!!!!!!!!

Cube is killing her

They didn't have social media and the outrage culture of today bruh

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This is something that I noticed a while ago, but a lot of the interviews from back in the day have a certain style to them. The people being interviewed are reserved and don't have a lot of confidence at first, but they know how to answer questions and they come off as very sophisticated. Like in this one, Ice Cube has a quiet humility about him but he understands how to articulate his points.

I don't know what changed, but when I see an interview today, it's like a lot of them get exposed as not being able to talk very well and have nothing interesting to say, despite having these super animated personalities in their music.