Ice Cube's Lost Interview - Cube didn't give not one f*cK

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Great interview. Very insightful and poignant. The whole video is about Cube exposing the hypocrisy of white america. Hes saying that all the criticism boil down to racism, period. They can philosophize all they want, but it all comes down to bigotry and hatred for black people.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Expand on that brotha :ohhh:

About Cube or Griff? I mean they run Hollywood and the music industry. :ld:

Professor Griff said because he made comments critical of Jews they forced the other members of Public Enemy to kick him out as a way to take away his voice.

As for Cube, he was very political especially during his solo years after he left NWA. But now he makes wholesome family friendly movies. Now why would they ever let him do that?.. They basically bought him out to shut him up...but only after beating him down and making him submit.

Ice Cube was close to the NOI's Khalid Muhammad back in the day, but then started distancing himself around 1994. See: Did the industry elite bully Ice Cube into cutting ties with Khalid Muhammad?

The timing of the split between the two is very peculiar because:

1993 is also when it came out that the ADL was spying on American citizens since the '30s. They had entire databases for blacks, muslims, palestinians, human rights activists, revolutionary leftists, anyone the Zionists didn't like. And Israel was deep in bed with the South African apartheid regime. The guy in charge of the ADL spying program worked for the Apartheid regime. The ADL is a Jewish-run pro-Israeli organization that works to fight anti-semitism and [ironically] racism.

Anti-Defamation League #spying controversy - Wikipedia (take into consideration, Wikipedia is heavily edited)

New York Times: Anti-Defamation League Accused of Spying

A lawsuit filed this week charges that the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith deviated from its civil rights work by conspiring with police agencies to spy, harass and intimidate several political groups.

[...]
The suit charges that the A.D.L. maintains a "wide-ranging network of unlawful surveillance," directed at Arab-Americans and other supporters of Palestinian rights, opponents of South African apartheid and critics of United States policy in Central America, among others.

I suspect the Hollywood and music industry executives went on a campaign to make sure anyone with so-called "Anti-Semitic" opinions were shut up and quieted from making further stances so that the ADL scandal didn't blow up into something serious (like Watergate or Occupy Wall Street) with people actually demanding accountability. It was pretty much swept under the rug. So shutting up militant pro-Black artists like Ice Cube and Professor Griff was part of a campaign to remove any sentiment critical of Jewish supremacism.

Haaretz: The secrets behind Israel's strategic alliance with apartheid South Africa

The Guardian: How Israel offered to sell South Africa nuclear weapons

Last edited:

@ReallyReal

504 Soulja
Daps
Reppin
7th Ward Mind Frame
I luv Khalid.........and i really think he would be proud with the Cube outcome....

Dr. Khalid > Cube any day........"That damn Ice Cube, melted on me"..........:laff:

Living Bait

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cardiff
Khalids quote of the lyrics is wrong too - probably purposefully to make it more powerful.....

Cube says 'i'll attack and make you vomit'......no talk of sticking any guns in anyones mouth...

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Shut the fukk up. First he said that rap was real then he made an analogy that would imply that it's some shyt that you shouldn't take seriously. The Arnold Schwarzenegger implied that when rappers talk about killing people in their rhymes/music it's just a Hollywood actor killing people ina movie. The obvious admission was that no all of the music came from the "hood news reporter ghetto CNN" angle that is often overblown. I would say that most gangster rap ended up bein just ignorant gratuitous violence made for entertainment purposes only.

Don't stoop to that weak ass ad hominem shyt either. I was a kid going to school with amerikkkas most wanted in the Walkman in 1990. little dude.

You shut the fukk up clown! Ol' "technically what he's sayin" ass nikka! I was bumping Boys N Da Hood when it came out in Middle School fakkit! Like I said earlier if you don't understand what he meant that yo clown ass fault. What did you want him to say "Yeah all rappers are shooters"? He basically said he's the "reporter" of hood energy, events (some serious, some clowning) and attitudes. And uses his platform to display it in RAW FORM, similar to Pacino acting out a movie! But our shyt is REAL LIFE! :martin: fukk is wrong with nikkas man! :snoop:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
You shut the fukk up clown! Ol' "technically what he's sayin" ass nikka! I was bumping Boys N Da Hood when it came out in Middle School fakkit! Like I said earlier if you don't understand what he meant that yo clown ass fault. What did you want him to say "Yeah all rappers are shooters"? He basically said he's the "reporter" of hood energy, events (some serious, some clowning) and attitudes. And uses his platform to display it in RAW FORM, similar to Pacino acting out a movie! But our shyt is REAL LIFE! :martin: fukk is wrong with nikkas man! :snoop:
You're only accusing me of not understanding him because evidently you're a 40+ year old little boy who still looks up to cube as a some kind of hero and my post hurt your feelings. Sucks for you.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
You're only accusing me of not understanding him because evidently you're a 40+ year old little boy who still looks up to cube as a some kind of hero and my post hurt your feelings. Sucks for you.

Exactly, in other words you know I'm right. I came at you first with a clear intelligent answer and you started your response to me with "STFU". I'm not one of these clowns that cuss strangers out on the internet like I'm tough breh. I come with respect and deserve it in return. If you're really in my age group you should know better.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Exactly, in other words you know I'm right. I came at you first with a clear intelligent answer and you started your response to me with "STFU". I'm not one of these clowns that cuss strangers out on the internet like I'm tough breh. I come with respect and deserve it in return. If you're really in my age group you should know better.
THeres been absolutely nothing intelligent about what you’ve said. You’re only responding out of emotion. First you were :cape: on some little boy shyt, but now you’re just flat out lying.
No. You just didn't get it.
^^^This is the 1st sentence in your first reply to me. From the door you came at me on some sassy emotional shyt and that’s why I told you to shut the fukk up. You don’t tell me that I don’t get something simply because you don’t agree with my interpretation. You can disagree with me all you want but do t try and discredit me as not understanding or knowing what’s being discussed. That’s disrespectful.

I know exactly what cube was saying and he contradicted himself. It’s not a semantical contradiction either. It’s a fundamental contradiction. The interview starts with cube being asked about the backlash against the music, he then goes on to deflect it all away by saying that it’s all due to rappers giving pure uncut true information to the youth that’s isnt filtered through the “editing board” or “white people”. Then, not even a minute or 2 later he deflects from another question that references the criticisms of the music by equating rappers to actors in Hollywood. Now that’s a clear blatant contradiction and no amount 40+ year old fanboy splaining is going to negate the hypocrisy.

I’ll even take it a step further and say that cube was completely full of shyt with that answer. That interview looks like cube from the predator-higher learning era meaning it was probably conducted between 93-95. Even back then it would’ve been a gotdamn lie to say that rap was being distributed pure and uncut without the white man’s approval and authority. Cube himself was signed to a major label back then so even his music was subject to review and approval by white people. That was one of those smart-dumb interviews where the shyt sounded good but doesn’t fly once you really unpack it. At least 2-3 minutes anyway because I’m like I said I haven’t listened past that. Cube sold out. I don’t even get the point of pulling up old interviews when he was on his pro black gimmick to give him fake props.

It’s not my fault that you cats are so easily impressed and just follow the crowd and I’m not. I’ve never been like that.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This interview is just further proof as to why Cube was my #1 in the 90's. Rakim and KRS were my 1 and 2 but Cube was the leader of the new school.

I've said numerous times that hip hop gave up its political voice (such as in that video) to convince the world its gangster and and a thug. Cube represented street knowledge but that era of rap being the hood cnn is over with.