If Drake Ain't Black Then WTF Is Jay Worthy?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
In videos he comes across as a super blood OG. I thought he was born and raised out there lol. He really put in the work? I'll never understand LA gang politics.

I initially assumed he was born and raised in compton too, but nah he was in Vancouver. Apparently he was running with the street crowd out there too and its why he got sent out this way in the first place. He was in some shyt out there and moved here to a friends grandmothers house in CPT and then got into over here.

He's never been questioned by anyone, even did that project with G perico a while back

Might be worth it for Drake to put it out there :manny: TBH Jay's background is murky, its not even just that he's a gang member but he bangs pretty hard in his raps, and says nikka a lot. And its widely accepted, its just weird

Crumple

All Star
Daps

"I'm a Westside original don't even ask me"

He says the N word.

He does look Indian. Is he really?

He talks about how he used to pimp. I don't like that.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
If he came over there,got down with a set and repped it faithfully ,it's the set that should speak on his credentials and/or lack thereof. I understand the point but gang politics govern the decision making as far as his affiliation,not an opinion on cultural appropriation or what Kendrick Lamar has to say about it,like gang members are held to a certain ethnicity standard when there's money or said politics involved.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

"I'm a Westside original don't even ask me"

He says the N word.

He does look Indian. Is he really?

He talks about how he used to pimp. I don't like that.

Not just Indian, but from a millionaire Indian family. Grimes is his step sister.

Hard to find a source on this outside of Reddit discussions about the same topic (people being surprised he's Indian) cause he's an underground artist.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
This battle really exposing outsiders.

We need to make a list of posters confused about why we got a problem with Drake and how he moves in the culture.

These outsiders are confused about FBA culture y’all.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Not just Indian, but from a millionaire Indian family. Grimes is his step sister.

Hard to find a source on this outside of Reddit discussions about the same topic (people being surprised he's Indian) cause he's an underground artist.

That's insane. Thanks for the info. Also it's bugged out about Mr. Capone born in Pakistan but doned the look of a Latino and hid his nationality.

There's this Indian rapper named Nav that claims Rexdale. An inner-city where I lived from 1997-2009. And visited my Dad there from 1991-1997. I lived a few blocks south on Dixon.

I only saw him in a kitchen inside a home stating it's in Rexdale. He moved out, his family moved there from India like many immigrants do.

Now he plans on dropping a new album with Rexdale in the title.

The lesson we learned from Vanilla Ice was not to lie about where we came from. Even though It turns out that Vanilla Ice actually did grow up poor and has more street cred than most.

Xzibit covered himself from being born elsewhere when ppl thought he was born and raised in LA.

I'm just grateful I was factual with my biography parents from Croatia, I was born in downtown Toronto in 1981, I grew up in buildings in Dixon and Rexdale. Not housing, but across from housing and the building in Rexdale was half housing half not. My Dad paid for rent in full while others in the same building were subsidised. I was around crime but I never claimed to be a gangster. The goal was to get out. But I probably saw more activity than most. And alot of so called grimy people were just bullies with parents that got great jobs and moved out quick.

And the thugs I knew came from horrible families. If they did crime it's literally cause they had few other options and were trying go legit anyways.

It's crazy. Prodigy was great - but even he had a wealthy grandmother.

RZA to me is someone who really lived the inner-city life, had serious charges and grew to do great things in his life.

I've seen ppl use the hood for credibility. But when it's blatant and they have other options, I never dealt with those types.

Facts are everything. Start to finish.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Drake goes from being Jamaican, to being from UK to being from Atlanta, to Houston, to Toronto, To memphis hoods while being raised by a jewish mom.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
It's not about Drake not being black, the accusation is about him being a CULTURAL fraud, are you guys this dumb :snoop:

These nikkas being obtuse for no reason.

When attacking Drake I don't believe he has ever mentioned skin color this whole time.
The not black enough is a cultural thing.

We on the fukkin coli and we gotta explain this?? The place where c00n, uncletom and Bedwench threads are made everyday??

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
These nikkas being obtuse for no reason.

When attacking Drake I don't believe he has ever mentioned skin color this whole time.
The not black enough is a cultural thing.

We on the fukkin coli and we gotta explain this?? The place where c00n, uncletom and Bedwench threads are made everyday??

I'm aware.

I'm asking you what makes this cosplaying Indian culturally black then?

Because he's gang affiliated? :mjpls: