If I was a smart white racist trolling the Coli...

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
good thread. the challenge i have is that some posters, or group of posters, infect others with anti-intellectualism and seem opposed to constructive discussion.

i understand the venting, discontent, distrust, because a lot of us feel that way. but lighting fires and walking away is not productive. this also gives trolls, agents, racists a platform to piggyback and coopt discussions to sow their lies bad information. which leads to more confusion and divisiveness.

open discussions/venting is needed, but we have to promote and challenge each other to provide solutions. complaining without talking about solutions don't get us anywhere. we also need to call people out on their bs and point out when it seems like trolls or undercover racists are infiltrating. hard to do in some subforums because they're more about fukkery. but to be honest those are the posters we need to reach the most. a lot of people are there with burgeoning ideals that can be spoiled or led down the wrong path. hard to have those discussions but i suppose it will be trial and error? or maybe some of the discussion reaches people in a productive way?

i also have to accept that some people won't be part of the solution, unfortunately. i agree mods need to rein in low quality posts and shytposting in general. yeah i like talking shyt and having fun too, but time and place matters. hl shouldn't be the only forum where it's possible to have these kind of discussions.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i stay in TLR and you know what OP?
this whole aados thing is more effective.. but i see you :salute:

There are plenty of issues where the interests and opinions of AADOS aren't gonna line up perfectly with the rest of the diaspora. That's legit.

I'm just saying not to hate. If some immigrant wants to separate themselves because they haven't come from the same experience then let them do so, if they want to participate in the struggle because they feeling solidarity then let them do so, if they start sharing some bullshyt opinions because they don't got the experience to understand then call their asses to task. But DON'T hate on their identity, because that always leads to too many other members of the community catching strays. If you don't like what some Ghanaian has to say then tell them you don't like what they have to say, but don't tell them that they ain't shyt cause they not AADOS. There are even ways to explain with love for the brother that they would understand more if they were AADOS without having to hate on everyone who ain't AADOS.

Or if you don't want to explain it to them, don't. You ain't required to. Do your AADOS thing with whatever allies you want. All I asking is that you don't let anyone shyt on Africans for being African.

That's like 99.9999999%~ of TLR posters.
Nah, I see plenty of good posters in TLR mixed in with the others. Like someone said earlier a lot of those threads are like 4-5 people shouting bullshyt in the same echo chamber. Even that Ann Coulter thread we were all shytting on the other day only had a handful of people who were saying really suspect shyt, another handful that were borderline, and plenty more who could see through the silliness. And even some of the suspect ones were more misguided than intentionally trolls/agents.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
good thread. the challenge i have is that some posters, or group of posters, infect others with anti-intellectualism and seem opposed to constructive discussion.

i understand the venting, discontent, distrust, because a lot of us feel that way. but lighting fires and walking away is not productive. this also gives trolls, agents, racists a platform to piggyback and coopt discussions to sow their lies bad information. which leads to more confusion and divisiveness.

open discussions/venting is needed, but we have to promote and challenge each other to provide solutions. complaining without talking about solutions don't get us anywhere. we also need to call people out on their bs and point out when it seems like trolls or undercover racists are infiltrating. hard to do in some subforums because they're more about fukkery. but to be honest those are the posters we need to reach the most. a lot of people are there with burgeoning ideals that can be spoiled or led down the wrong path. hard to have those discussions but i suppose it will be trial and error? or maybe some of the discussion reaches people in a productive way?

i also have to accept that some people won't be part of the solution, unfortunately. i agree mods need to rein in low quality posts and shytposting in general. yeah i like talking shyt and having fun too, but time and place matters. hl shouldn't be the only forum where it's possible to have these kind of discussions.

All of that is on point. :salute:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Lol, to summarize, this thread is HL crying cuz negroes aren't following the DNC or AOC or kamalah script and are having nightmares about 2020 being a repeat of 2016

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
What makes me chuckle at all this as that any old HL head can testify that I use to write essays about how after Obama black people are gonna stop fuking with the Democratic Party and how immigration is gonna be an issue and I use to get laughed at

Now y'all are crying cuz some black people aren't fuking with the democrats and how immigration has become an issue among black people

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lol, to summarize, this thread is HL crying cuz negroes aren't following the DNC or AOC or kamalah script and are having nightmares about 2020 being a repeat of 2016

How did you get partisan politics out of that post? :what:

You don't gotta hate, I was in here in 2016 repeatedly arguing that it was legit for people to refuse to vote for Clinton because it might be the only way to push the DNC towards the interests of the Black community. Have you seen me caping with no reservations for any 2020 candidate?

I wasn't even thinking about politics when I made this thread (almost none of my threads are about politics), I was thinking about the community. The post has nothing to do with who you choose to vote for, it's about how you talk about other Black people's identity. The solidarity of the community is FAR more important than who wins presidential elections. Neocons/Neoliberals can switch places with each other and drive the government to shyt for decades, and there is only so much the black community can do about that. So exert control over what we have control over, and that starts with not letting them divide us over shyt we can't even control.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
How did you get partisan politics out of that post? :what:

You don't gotta hate, I was in here in 2016 repeatedly arguing that it was legit for people to refuse to vote for Clinton because it might be the only way to push the DNC towards the interests of the Black community. Have you seen me caping with no reservations for any 2020 candidate?

I wasn't even thinking about politics when I made this thread (almost none of my threads are about politics), I was thinking about the community. The post has nothing to do with who you choose to vote for, it's about how you talk about other Black people's identity. The solidarity of the community is FAR more important than who wins presidential elections. Neocons/Neoliberals can switch places with each other and drive the government to shyt for decades, and there is only so much the black community can do about that. So exert control over what we have control over, and that starts with not letting them divide us over shyt we can't even control.

Cuz it's obviously motivated by politics

TLR has been on some gmb shyt and female/male discussions for ages, were you writing angst filled articles back when gmb started?

Nobody in HL, including me, gave two fuks about any gender or diaspora discussions in TLR until it became obvious that there were actual political discussions in TLR

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

you're trying to make this thread about you. or about something it's not. this is that bs we're talking about. from the little i recall about your posting it's mostly tinfoil infowars type trash. gtfo. :camby:

this thread is about generating constructive discussion and ideas about what we see happening. not promoting some sort of groupthink to blindly support any of what you mentioned. black people as a community should not only be more strategic about who we support, but also keep our foot on their necks once we get them in. that goes for potus and congress members. repubs ain't for black people period so they're not an option. everyone else is fair game.

Daps

@Rhakim So where do you fall on this blatant derailment. Agent? Troll? Willfully ignorant?

Its really like 10-20 posters site wide that put in work to derail and argue for the sake of arguing. Coli needs a captain, or at the very least an enforcer :birdman:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

TLR has been on some gmb shyt and female/male discussions for ages, were you writing angst filled articles back when gmb started?

Nobody in HL, including me, gave two fuks about any gender or diaspora discussions in TLR until it became obvious that there were actual political discussions in TLR
One of my first arguments ever on The Coli was a string of pro-marriage comments in TLR on a #gmb thread. :what:

Whole premise is wrong. Divorce rates peaked in the late 1970s. There hasn't been "rising divorce rates" since before you were born.

As of right now, 70% of marriages from the 1990s have at least made it to their 15th anniversary.

The Divorce Surge Is Over, but the Myth Lives On

I think if you want to have kids, get married. Kids deserve both parents in their life on a regular, day-to-day basis at least until they graduate high school, and that rarely ever happens with unmarried parents. Not saying it's impossible, but it's not going to happen 90+ percent of the time.
Claim whatever you want about your friends' unmarried parents, but the numbers are way against you. Kids whose parents don't marry almost never end up living with both parents through graduation. The odds are more than 95% against you. :wow:

Meanwhile, 70% of marriages are lasting 15+ years, and the divorce rate keeps declining. :ehh:

Sounds like SOMETHING is making a difference, no?

I don't really give a damn if you sign any piece of paper. But if you plan to have kids, promise to live with the kid until he's 18. You don't have to call it marriage if you don't want to, but you and his mother should make a freaking commitment so he doesn't get the shaft. Way too many kids ending up in foster or with their father not around nowadays.

And I've kept that energy for four years

Winter is Coming
Divorce statistics. GMB
Dallas has to be the bed wench capitol of America!
"I'm not a step father, im THE FATHER that stepped up"
Spending Thousands of Dollars on a Wedding Ring is Ridiculous!
Target is selling baby daddy cards for Father's Day, and they're using black couples on the cover
Did Harrison Barnes just marry an average looking girl just cause she got a degree?
Marriage In The 21ST Century
#GMB..Girlfriend refused to be exclusive until her Boyfriend proposed
Is it ok to get a lil starter girlfriend or wife, then upgrade once you career takes off?
Look at this black queen brehs :ohlawd:
Focus: Black and white race mixing and interracial relationships are unnatural?
As intermarriage spreads, fault lines are exposed
Ciara and Russ (Official Thread)
Divorce statistics. GMB
Divorce statistics. GMB

But yeah, those were all about politics, right? :rudy:

This is the second time this week that you accused me of not posting the exact thing that I was posting. :dead:

You obviously don't pay attention to my posts as I've been explicitly saying that I need to make a post like this one since more than a year ago, I've just been slow to get around to it. The "black men ain't shyt" and "black women ain't shyt" comments are the ones that got me the most and originally made me decide to do it, but the #gmb stuff was a factor too and more recently the hate between AADOS and Africans just added to it.

You don't wanna know how long I've been on this shyt, and won't believe me when I tell you. A good 20 years ago I got an article published in a major Black journal regarding the struggle to connect the entire Black diaspora under an authentic Black struggle. TWENTY years ago.

Get out of here with this accusation bullshyt when you don't have no receipts for your claims. :camby:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@Rhakim So where do you fall on this blatant derailment. Agent? Troll? Willfully ignorant?

Its really like 10-20 posters site wide that put in work to derail and argue for the sake of arguing. Coli needs a captain, or at the very least an enforcer :birdman:

Contrarian. He has strong political views that are marginalized by other people here (including me) and so he sees everything through that lens.

I don't think he's an agent or a troll. He's just narrow-minded. He legit believes that this thread is another launch in the political wars, and I'm not sure if anyone can dissuade him from that. The most I can do it keep showing that my focus is exactly where I claim it to be, and if he wants to fight against reality alone that's his business. :yeshrug:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Negged.