If MLK SURVIVED, How Better Off Would 'Black Folks' Be?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
If he lived through 1968 and made it to like 2005 or 2010. Yes, I know his death was inevitable :snoop:

True thread no trolling, if he wasn't killed for standing up against the Vietnam war and getting ready to change history for the country forever where would he and us be? I think AAs would be a lot more powerful economically and controlling our own communities. As a whole, Black families would have been stronger.

Let's face it, the assassination of Dr. King hurt us because we wasn't prepared for what would happen next. Yes, we had others, but he was our main leader in the movement.

I know heard different reports on how he was going to side with the Black Power movement and work with RFK. Also, I know he was doing the poor people's campaign and touching on economics.

No trolling. TY.

Last edited:

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
HHHzcmk.webp

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
BTW, I think he would have connected more with the diaspora and made it possible to have business relations with them and the motherland.

norfwestdc

All Star
Daps
The riots wouldn't have happened and the crime rates of certain cities wouldn't be high

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Just let me have this one. Haven't eveen been making threads like that because of job hunting (for real).
Why are you job hunting if you have start a welding apprenticeship in two weeks?:jbhmm:

When do you start the apprenticeship?

Apprenticeship through a Union or a Non-Union?

How long is the apprenticeship?

February, but trying to work a regular job before them.

Shipyard apprenticeship

Four year program and you get paid while you learn.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
He wouldn't have survived. But if he did... it's likely that a lot of the non-black supporters who was around during the civil rights era but left after the CRA would stay and he could've gotten a better deal not just for blacks but pivot toward topics like the tyranny of capitalism and lack of social mobility.