If MLK SURVIVED, How Better Off Would 'Black Folks' Be?

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
MLK was unpopular amongst blacks when he died because the black power movement had started and he wasnt militant enough. Not much would be different.

Malcom may have sparked a revolution. All those young revulotionaries were Malcom stans

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
WHO KNOWS? I DO THINK HIS DEATH BOOSTED WAS KIND OF A CATALYST FOR THE MOVEMENT. I DON'T KNOW HOW FAR WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN IN THIS TIME FRAME IF HE WAS STILL ALIVE. TOO MANY VARIABLES TO CONSIDER I THINK.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thecoli would have called him a blavity black liberal c00n just like they do John Lewis.

Anhur

All Star
Daps
  • African Americans would have reparations by now if he were still alive
  • Black people worldwide would be more respected.
  • America would have their first black president 20-30 years ago
  • President King would probably have helped Africans worldwide
I wish he was alive but we got to keep moving forward cause that's what he would want:mjcry:

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
The reality is that as he aged, he would’ve lost the youth following that helped spark the civil rights movement. He would’ve been considered a relic of a sort and his thinking not suitable for the new climate of the day (70s and beyond). That pushback would’ve been almost simply because he was so revered and famous.

However I would like to think that King would’ve have been dynamic enough to keep the youth invigorated with his thinking and the movements he was taking on. Most of us weren’t there to speak on it but when older folks speak on King, not too much follows that gave them a similar passion. Most folks just got to working.

If he was alive or able to live a longer life, maybe that passion stays and takes root in the following generations....

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
BTW, I think he would have connected more with the diaspora and made it possible to have business relations with them and the motherland.
Stop pandering

His death made him a matry

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain."

Now get on your hustle... This ain't it.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I definitely think the government killed him

Yes they/He did

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
MLK was unpopular amongst blacks when he died because the black power movement had started and he wasnt militant enough. Not much would be different.

Malcom may have sparked a revolution. All those young revulotionaries were Malcom stans
I heard about this. Also, he was still popular and drawing with the older Blacks.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
He was doing the poor people's campaign. If he would have made it to 1970 would he have changed up his tune a bit and went with the panthers? Remember, he was getting more militant by that time.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Seems like before he died he was realizing that marches aren't as effective as money which is weird because money is what ended the bus boycott, not marches.