I'm Doing a 30 Day Juice Diet

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Bro if what I'm saying is offending you just say so. :skip: No need for the ad hominem attacks. Dude should be on the low end of his optimal weight. Really that simple. Everyone should.

Juice diet is bullshyt, IMO. You came in here generalizing saying that most lifters end up :flabbynsick:. You can go somewhere with the body weight recommendations...fukk you and the BMI. :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
Juice diet is bullshyt, IMO. You came in here generalizing saying that most lifters end up :flabbynsick:. You can go somewhere with the body weight recommendations...fukk you and the BMI. :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

I'm not a fan of the juice diet or any diet for that fact. Just came in here to call b/s on somethings. It's not too much sugar. :skip: Even the OP stated he got a crash from the fruit drinks. I call bullshyt. This is the same thing people who juice or go vegetarian say after a week or two. It isn't the juice. It's your body not used to that type of sugar intake. Your body is adapting to it.

If you are going to get sugar it should be from fruits. Not sports drinks or any other nonsense. Also the BMI recommendations is just that. A recommendation for optimal health. :ufdup:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
One thing I've noticed is this forum and the misc is the perfect example of why our country has an obesity problem. :skip: Most of the concerns weren't about health but vanity and physique issues. 6"1 and 255 pounds? :huhldup:

Even at 205 he is carrying around extra weight.

Breh should ideally be between 175-190 for optimal health. Talking about sustainability? :heh: As if you are going to be sustaining a weight lifting program well into your 40's and 50's. All you dudes end up :flabbynsick: downing protein shakes and all that other nonsense. Shyt is poison.
Was ready to write you off as trolling, but I reread your post and I think I get what you're saying. Assuming you aren't being facetious. Are you saying that bodybuilders are potentially damaging their bodies by carrying excess weight and using supplements?

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Was ready to write you off as trolling, but I reread your post and I think I get what you're saying. Assuming you aren't being facetious. Are you saying that bodybuilders are potentially damaging their bodies by carrying excess weight and using supplements?

Yes. Excess weight is excess. Even 10-20 pounds of extra "muscle"...Also the diet is most likely fugazi. High fat/protein low carbs is :trash: Atkins to Paleo. :skip: Atkins suffered a heart attack.

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Yes. Excess weight is excess. Even 10-20 pounds of extra "muscle"...Also the diet is most likely fugazi. High fat/protein low carbs is :trash: Atkins to Paleo. :skip: Atkins suffered a heart attack.
I hear ya, but that isn't for us to decide or opine on. There are far worse hobbies one could have. :manny:

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I wasn't knocking the hobby. Do you :salute: but brehs need to ask themselves if they want looks or optimal health. And there's a way to get both.
Nah, not me, breh breh. I'm a cardio bunny (I heard a guy us that term over the summer :deadrose:). I stay on my bike during the spring/summer and on a stationary during the winter with light-mid weights here and there.
I respect their hustle and dedication though.

What are you getting at though?

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Nah, not me, breh breh. I'm a cardio bunny (I heard a guy us that term over the summer :deadrose:). I stay on my bike during the spring/summer and on a stationary during the winter with light-mid weights here and there.
I respect their hustle and dedication though.

What are you getting at though?

My concerns are strictly diet related. High fat/protein low carb diets/lifestyle are dangerous. Atkins and Paleo are always ranked at the bottom of diets by health expert. The Mediterranean diet is always ranked at the top by health experts because it is largely plant based. First thing people ask me about my lifestyle is where do I get protein :snoop:..

1. Quinoa: 11g Protein / Cup
A grain like seed, quinoa is a high protein alternative to rice or pasta, served alone or over vegetables and greens. It provides a good base for a veggie burger and is also a fantastic breakfast cereal when served cold with almond or coconut milk and berries.
2. Lentils: 17.9g Protein / Cup
Delicious, nutritious and super easy to prepare. Trader Joe’s sells them pre-cooked and I’m not afraid to just eat them cold right out of the package for lunch or a snack on the run.

3. Tempeh: 24g Protein / 4 Ounces
A fermented soybean-based food, tempeh is a healthy protein-packed alternative to it’s non-fermented cousin tofu. It makes for a great veggie burger and doubles as a tasty meat alternative to meatballs in pasta, or over brown rice and vegetables.

4. Seitan: 24g Protein / 4 Ounces
An excellent substitute for beef, fish and soy products, one serving provides about 25% of your RDA of protein. But not for those with gluten sensitivities, as it is made from wheat gluten. 5. Beans (Black, Kidney, Mung, Pinto): 12-15g Protein / Cup
I love beans. Great on a veggie burrito, in chili and soups, on salads or over rice with vegetables, beans of all varieties are a daily staple of my diet.

6. Spirulina: 6g Protein / 10 grams
A blue-green algae, spirulina is a highly bioavailable complete protein containing all essential amino acids. At 60% protein (the highest of any natural food), it’s a plant-based protein powerhouse that finds it way into my Vitamix blends daily.

7. Hemp Seeds: 16g Protein / 3 Tbsp
With a perfect ration of omega-6 and omega-3 EFA’s, hemp seeds are another bioavailable complete protein rivaled only by spirulina. A simple and great addition to a multitude of dishes, from breakfast cereal to salads to smoothies to vegetables and rice. Tread carefully with this because if you have to take urine tests for work or anything :whoa:

Before I went vegetarian I wasn't eating different things. I was eating the same things and that's :yawn: inducing. Being a vegetarian has made me more creative with my diet. I'm now transition to vegan. And I've never heard cardio bunny :huhldup:...Good stuff on the bike. I'm competing in some triathlons next year.

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
My concerns are strictly diet related. High fat/protein low carb diets/lifestyle are dangerous. Atkins and Paleo are always ranked at the bottom of diets by health expert. The Mediterranean diet is always ranked at the top by health experts because it is largely plant based. First thing people ask me about my lifestyle is where do I get protein :snoop:..

1. Quinoa: 11g Protein / Cup
A grain like seed, quinoa is a high protein alternative to rice or pasta, served alone or over vegetables and greens. It provides a good base for a veggie burger and is also a fantastic breakfast cereal when served cold with almond or coconut milk and berries.
2. Lentils: 17.9g Protein / Cup
Delicious, nutritious and super easy to prepare. Trader Joe’s sells them pre-cooked and I’m not afraid to just eat them cold right out of the package for lunch or a snack on the run.

3. Tempeh: 24g Protein / 4 Ounces
A fermented soybean-based food, tempeh is a healthy protein-packed alternative to it’s non-fermented cousin tofu. It makes for a great veggie burger and doubles as a tasty meat alternative to meatballs in pasta, or over brown rice and vegetables.

4. Seitan: 24g Protein / 4 Ounces
An excellent substitute for beef, fish and soy products, one serving provides about 25% of your RDA of protein. But not for those with gluten sensitivities, as it is made from wheat gluten. 5. Beans (Black, Kidney, Mung, Pinto): 12-15g Protein / Cup
I love beans. Great on a veggie burrito, in chili and soups, on salads or over rice with vegetables, beans of all varieties are a daily staple of my diet.

6. Spirulina: 6g Protein / 10 grams
A blue-green algae, spirulina is a highly bioavailable complete protein containing all essential amino acids. At 60% protein (the highest of any natural food), it’s a plant-based protein powerhouse that finds it way into my Vitamix blends daily.

7. Hemp Seeds: 16g Protein / 3 Tbsp
With a perfect ration of omega-6 and omega-3 EFA’s, hemp seeds are another bioavailable complete protein rivaled only by spirulina. A simple and great addition to a multitude of dishes, from breakfast cereal to salads to smoothies to vegetables and rice. Tread carefully with this because if you have to take urine tests for work or anything :whoa:

Before I went vegetarian I wasn't eating different things. I was eating the same things and that's :yawn: inducing. Being a vegetarian has made me more creative with my diet. I'm now transition to vegan. And I've never heard cardio bunny :huhldup:...Good stuff on the bike. I'm competing in some triathlons next year.
I got you. Good advice. Good looks, breh. Idk about the vegetarian/vegan thing. I just stick to lean cuts of chicken/turkey and fish. I definitely wanna mess with that spirulina and meat subs. Sounds pretty good.