I'm fighting a traffic ticket for the first time. Anybody ever done this successfully? I need some help, brehs. UPDATE I have an attorney!

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Call a lawyer from Google

Pu in your charges, put ‘ticket’ and your state and call for help

Don’t pay for a good lawyer anyone could help here …

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This fool cop wrote me a ticket for speeding. I was on my way out of town, and I was speeding to get to the cleaners to get my clothes before they closed.

So I admit to speeding.

But this fool also wrote me a "reckless driving" ticket. So I have 2 tickets. :gucci:

If it was just the speeding ticket, I'd pay that no problem, but I'm not about to pay two tickets, the hell. It's the principle. :dahell:

I've gotten a couple of speeding tickets a decade ago and I never got a speeding ticket and gotten a "reckless driving" ticket on top of that. The hell do that even mean?

I wasn't driving crazy, zig zagging or all over the road or putting anybody in danger. I was literally just speeding. :what:

Anyway, my court date is this week. Anybody fought a ticket? Tell me what I need to do and say.
I mean this respectfully, but what kinda company do you work for that doesn't offer legal insurance? You should've gone straight to your lawyer. :dahell:

Like I'm not kidding when I say legal insurance is like 4 bucks a month but gives you 20 billable hours in a lawyer in almost ever field. You effectively pay 50bucks a year for 4000 Dollars worth of coverage for frivolous stuff like traffic violations, small claims, estate creation, business affairs, etc

They don't handle criminal stuff and suits against your employer who is paying for the policy, but everything else is fair game

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I mean this respectfully, but what kinda company do you work for that doesn't offer legal insurance? You should've gone straight to your lawyer. :dahell:

Like I'm not kidding when I say legal insurance is like 4 bucks a month but gives you 20 billable hours in a lawyer in almost ever field. You effectively pay 50bucks a year for 4000 Dollars worth of coverage for frivolous stuff like traffic violations, small claims, estate creation, business affairs, etc

They don't handle criminal stuff and suits against your employer who is paying for the policy, but everything else is fair game
Good point

Daps

My job doesn't offer this. If I'm being honest, I've never even heard of this. :dahell:

You get a free lawyer through your job?

I became a 6 cert 6 figure honorary 6 feet breh this year. How come y'all didn't give me the handbook? :what:

Daps
Plead not guilty at the hearing, file a motion for discovery to get the officer notes, 90% of the time they never give you the Info by the time you go back to court so you request the case be dismissed. If they do give you the info you can pull the prosecutors aside and work a deal to change the charge so you'll just pay a fine for an equipment violation instead of a traffic violation. Explain to them you want to avoid points on your license for insurance reasons and they'll do it. Also look up the local laws, speeding usually requires a calibrated laser or radar so when you motion for discovery you have to get the info of the calibration of the device used, thats commonly the way to get out of window tint tickets. If they were pacing you it's different but also note the weather conditions etc, if the officer wrote it was clear but it was foggy or raining all that stuff gets taken into consideration.

I'm about to pm you, breh. Pause. :dame:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This fool cop wrote me a ticket for speeding. I was on my way out of town, and I was speeding to get to the cleaners to get my clothes before they closed.

So I admit to speeding.

But this fool also wrote me a "reckless driving" ticket. So I have 2 tickets. :gucci:

If it was just the speeding ticket, I'd pay that no problem, but I'm not about to pay two tickets, the hell. It's the principle. :dahell:

I've gotten a couple of speeding tickets a decade ago and I never got a speeding ticket and gotten a "reckless driving" ticket on top of that. The hell do that even mean?

I wasn't driving crazy, zig zagging or all over the road or putting anybody in danger. I was literally just speeding. :what:

Anyway, my court date is this week. Anybody fought a ticket? Tell me what I need to do and say.
Your mistake was admitting to speeding, never admit to speeding unless they got you on radar.

Much easier to fight the ticket if the cop can't prove what he claimed to see.

Daps
Your mistake was admitting to speeding, never admit to speeding unless they got you on radar.

Much easier to fight the ticket if the cop can't prove what he claimed to see.

I didn't admit to nothing. I'm admitting that to yall. The cop pulled me over and I said nothing. :gucci:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Get ready to pay breh.

More than likely wasting your time with this one.

They like to send messages through the court.

Unless the officer doesn't show up, they are not going to go against what he wrote on that ticket.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just be glad you ain’t get that day in jail shyt smh

Edit:I guess you still might

Last edited:

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Post the Pixar Breh and Breh associates ad
VIHSK5J.jpg