I'm in supply chain dealing with the fukkery AMA; Update: Chip shortage until at least 2022

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
For labor, most of our warehouse jobs pay $15-17 an hour. We're finding that not only is $20 not enough, but we have to pay sign-on bonuses of anywhere from $500-2000 dollars. In some cases, we have even had to pay to get people to interview.

Yep, Crazy Joe Biden made sitting at home due to Covid too profitable for the average Joe. :pachaha:

We've had ppl come in and interview, accept the position and then never show back up.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
dawg commodities are going brazy globally. :wow:

dont even get me started on copper and metals in general. our firm finna eat off the work:feedme:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm in suppqly chain as well (everything from national defense down to home arcade machines,we are a contract manufacturer).

Its really bad, and my company in particular has no handle on it. We are flying blind and just having to send flat across the board increases in price because we can't keep track of the chaos.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
someone said this in 2020

Just like the 2008 showed about the banking system, our "just in time" economy can't handle these sorts of disruptions. Blame capitalism for pushing things as far as possible in the name of profit. Bain, Mckinsey, HBS etc. Will the architects of this system get off scot free like the bankers did in 2008?

I was really trying to say that it is already showing how fragile our "just in time" economic system is.

Yes but there are degrees to this and there are controls on what can be moved due to "efficiency".

You can have just-in-time with safeguards and redundancies.

Controls such as "national security concerns" limit how a process can be engineered.

Like with the financial system these economic structures are choices not accidents. And the driving force behind this has been the mantra that productivity is king.