I'm in supply chain dealing with the fukkery AMA; Update: Chip shortage until at least 2022

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Hey OP IS THIS TRUE?

giphy.gif

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
Been in purchasing for around 8 years for a small company. Haven't seen so many price increases in such a short time, not to mention the crazy lead times. As brehs have mentioned, anything plastic in my industry (especially polypropylene) is at an extreme shortage. Lead times have seemed to double on most orders, depending on which part of the country I deal with. I hate ordering shyt from back east, especially last year. The delays were :francis:

Even some of the biggest companies in the world haven't been able to deal with the ramp up in demand. One company in particular dealt with those storms last year by using their own trucks to deliver product to customers and passed the cost down via an immediate (drastic) price increase. Even a few of the items I purchase for in house use like acetone and safety gloves have doubled in price from this time last year. :wow:

Dope to get all this info from Coli brehs, especially regarding pallets and containers.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Breh we just bought a house that needs renovations and I feel like we picked the WORST time to do this shyt. Housing prices are at record highs and home improvement prices high af too.

And with regard to my day job, the semiconductor shortage is fukking us over.

Yeah man that's gonna cost you these days. I hope you can get the value back and prices stay high.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Breh we just bought a house that needs renovations and I feel like we picked the WORST time to do this shyt. Housing prices are at record highs and home improvement prices high af too.

And with regard to my day job, the semiconductor shortage is fukking us over.
2x4x8s are $8 in my area now, pre-COVID they were $2.60 each & plywood that was $26 now its $49:picard:

I don't even see how people can even afford to renovate but I'm guessing they never knew how much stuff was originally so they just chalk it up to that's the price.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
2x4x8s are $8 in my area now, pre-COVID they were $2.60 each & plywood that was $26 now its $49:picard:

I don't even see how people can even afford to renovate but I'm guessing they never knew how much stuff was originally so they just chalk it up to that's the price.

People spending money like water. I had someone near me just sell a house for CASH 20% above what I paid 5 years ago.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
A contact of mines who works at Tyson has basically said the supply chain is broken and that we’re basically moving on inertia at this point. Chicken, beef, pork all are about to rocket upwards in price..you already know my story on seafood. Restaurants already being priced out.

Yeah I am actually going to talk to one of these local beef ranchers and do a bulk buy I think. That and chicken. This was one of the hardest weeks of my life. It is out of control.