I'm in supply chain dealing with the fukkery AMA; Update: Chip shortage until at least 2022

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
A contact of mines who works at Tyson has basically said the supply chain is broken and that we’re basically moving on inertia at this point. Chicken, beef, pork all are about to rocket upwards in price..you already know my story on seafood. Restaurants already being priced out.

Yeah I am actually going to talk to one of these local beef ranchers and do a bulk buy I think. That and chicken. This was one of the hardest weeks of my life. It is out of control.
Might be a resurgence in people going out hunting.....but ammunition is expensive too:francis:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Might be a resurgence in people going out hunting.....but ammunition is expensive too:francis:
heh, an ammo factory blew up in serbia just this morning (not prvi partizan)

now the serbian gov't is gonna have to get ppu to pick up the slack, which means less of their shyt for american sportsmen

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359

I'd be all for that. The deer problem in the northeast is unreal. We need a hardcore cull. I have a Mossberg but haven't shot it in a decade tbh. Only shoot my other guns.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to do warehouse work back in the day, didn't know those little 10-12 dollar a hour jobs where that important.

No wonder they can't find work, they always go to agencies for help and no one stays...

What state you in OP? Dudes here talking 20 a hour Florida usually doesn't give that, much less for just warehouse help.
Me too I’ve had my share of warehouse jobs. They go to agencies cause it’s risk in hiring and cheaper to give an agency a couple of bucks to do all the administrative work. Not to mention the people they hire are normally looking for work, so it’s easier to fill the position.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Heard about some company paying 6 million to get 5000 containers to port at LA from Shanghai. That’s unreal.

Our logistics coordinator stated you aren't getting a container out of Asia in short order unless you pay premium rates.

I just paid $1,500 to bring over two pallets from California LTL. Regular freight. Completely ridiculous.

Completely nuts.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our logistics coordinator stated you aren't getting a container out of Asia in short order unless you pay premium rates.

I just paid $1,500 to bring over two pallets from California LTL. Regular freight. Completely ridiculous.

Completely nuts.

a friend of mines said he just bought a cargo van to pick up pallets somewhere in upstate ny and sell them to warehouses in the BX and surround areas etc. is that even possible now with this going on? I think he said they were free too

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
a friend of mines said he just bought a cargo van to pick up pallets somewhere in upstate ny and sell them to warehouses in the BX and surround areas etc. is that even possible now with this going on? I think he said they were free too

It is and it is especially profitable if you can find steady clients and get pricing up front.