I’m Playing The OG Final Fantasy 7 For the First Time Right Now

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
FF7 Remake legit put me on to Final Fantasy. I played 13 as kid,and while I thought the battle system was alright, that shyt was mediocre in other regards.

Remake's combat system is GOATED as far I'm concerned and I really liked the story and characters :wow:

Made me play the OG and instantly fell in love with it. Then copped Ff9 and 10. Now that I know what's in store for it, Rebirth is legit gonna be my most anticipated game ever :whew:

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
move FF6 then Tactics before 9, 10
I won't put anything before 9 dat shyt was a whole experience from beginning to end

A 4 disc masterpiece :wow:

Stole disc 2 from my local BlockBuster back in the day because mine was scratched up and would keep freezing ns.

Did the ole switcheroo :shaq:

Trance Zidane
:ahh:

Vivi w/ Ultima
:blessed:

Dagger w/ Bahamut summon and HP/Def buffs
:shaq:

Steiner & Vivi w/ the black magic sword combos
:youngsabo:

"Thundaga Sword"
:steviej:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Glad you got around to playing the OG FF7, shyt is one of my favorite games ever :salute:

I'm one of the few that had absolutely no issues with the remake, and it was very good in it's own right. Honestly most of the people who complained about the remake essentially just wanted to play the same game with updated graphics :russ:

If that's the case, they should have just done what you're doing right now, and that's replay the OG version :ufdup:

I mean.... Yeah :mjgrin:

You tellin me you completely understood and liked the remake's story??? :skip:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I mean.... Yeah :mjgrin:

You tellin me you completely understood and liked the remake's story??? :skip:
Impossible to fully understand without the next two games, but I liked it :yeshrug: and I understand it enough within the context of the compilation to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The fact that they remastered Crisis Core and released it now already says a lot about where this could be going.

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
My main issue with the remake, they turned the first 5 hours of the game into 30 and almost all the stuff they added was wack
Story-wise, Midgar had the densest script compared to all the other locations. It was literally the opening act to FF7's 3-Act structure.

1 - Avalanche vs Shinra (Midgar)
2 - Chasing Sephiroth ( Kalm to Northern Crater)
3 - Stopping Meteor ( Junon Escape to Ending)

The story changes are hit-or-miss in Remake, but I don't fault them for making Midgar its' own game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Story-wise, Midgar had the densest script compared to all the other locations. It was literally the opening act to FF7's 3-Act structure.

1 - Avalanche vs Shinra (Midgar)
2 - Chasing Sephiroth ( Kalm to Northern Crater)
3 - Stopping Meteor ( Junon Escape to Ending)

The story changes are hit-or-miss in Remake, but I don't fault them for making Midgar its' own game.

They could have done better with exploring some of the upper plates and making the city feel all around bigger, but it feels even more claustrophobic than the original game due to the better visuals and scale of the newer consoles but still narrowing everything down to linear paths and hallways.

Whatever changes or additions they make is kind of secondary to me, i kind of just wanted them to up the scale a bit more. I don’t have any better of an idea of midgar now than I did in the original game.

I also kind of hate the fact that FF7 is the most cyberpunk of all the final fantasy games but all the NPC and enviornments in midgar looked like a jcpenny catalogue from the 90’s. I wanted something more on the level of Akira.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
They could have done better with exploring some of the upper plates and making the city feel all around bigger, but it feels even more claustrophobic than the original game due to the better visuals and scale of the newer consoles but still narrowing everything down to linear paths and hallways.

Whatever changes or additions they make is kind of secondary to me, i kind of just wanted them to up the scale a bit more. I don’t have any better of an idea of midgar now than I did in the original game.

I also kind of hate the fact that FF7 is the most cyberpunk of all the final fantasy games but all the NPC and enviornments in midgar looked like a jcpenny catalogue from the 90’s. I wanted something more on the level of Akira.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Yeah, as much as I love the game, playing the original made me realize they could have done a little more with Midgar.

Rebirth will probably fix some of these issues( barring they don't drastically change the story).

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I beat Crisis Core Reunion and man that ending hit hard.:damn::mjcry:

Game was kind of ehh.:skip: Angeal and Genesis were pretty corny tbh. The Nibelheim Chapter was easily the best part and was dope to see that shyt in modern graphics. I thought the game was going to end there but then it kind of started to drag on with more of that Genesis shyt. And that final Gensis Boss fight was easy as shyt.:dahell:

Anyway that Zack scene from the Remake makes so much more sense and now I’m even more hyped for Rebirth. :whoo:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On my second playthrough trying to get OP as fukk.

I’m using a guide this time too. I missed out on a ton of stuff my first playthrough. I didn’t get Yuffie, Vincent and I missed the entire flashback sequence with Zack and Cloud leaving Nibelheim.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Though I think VI is GOAT Final Fantasy. VII had a lot of great set pieces and even though it came early in the PS life it still stands out as a unique experience that I think still holds up well for the most part.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally finished my 2nd playthrough. Used a guide this time and managed to complete all the side quests and took me a little over 30 hours.

Man that damn Emerald weapon was stressful. :dead: Took me the entire day to beat him and literally only beat him because one of my characters got the Lucky 7 mechanic and did a shyt ton of damage.:dead:

Absolutely amazing game but after about two playthroughs I’m burnt out on FF7 stuff.:pachaha: I’ll come back and replay the FF7 Remake when Rebirth is about to release to prepare for it.:draper: