I'm So Upset at this Shyt.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Just everything surrounding our history. We have no idea. We have pieces and fragments of information and we try so desperately to piece that puzzle together with missing pieces.

We were banned from reading and writing for centuries. White men erased our history and culture. Removed our languages. Our customs. Children were born into slavery not knowing what it meant to be free. Not knowing about their homelands. Those ignorant children grew and had more children; continuing the cycle of ignorance.

White men rewrite history. Then black men try to create their own books and it's criticized as afrocentric and unreliable histories. Now we got black people criticizing other black people's works of history as uncredited and/or unsourced. We discredit black authors if they are not backed up by white institutions of study.

Its so maddening trying to educate yourself on your history when you don't know what's true and what's fiction.

Were we in America already before the Europeans?

Is the number of slaves brought from Africa during the transatlantic slave trade exaggerated?

Did Columbus see black people in the Caribbean?

Did Mansa Musa travel the Atlantic before the Europeans?

This shyt is a headache.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
White men rewrite history. Then black men try to create their own books and it's criticized as afrocentric and unreliable histories. Now we got black people criticizing other black people's works of history as uncredited and/or unsourced. We discredit black authors if they are not backed up by white institutions of study.

Its so maddening trying to educate yourself on your history when you don't know what's true and what's fiction.

I hear you, breh. We're history- hungry, dont know whats safe to eat, but damn sure dont trust the white mans plate.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I hear you, breh. We're history- hungry, dont know whats safe to eat, but damn sure dont trust the white mans plate.
Right. I've been researching my family tree; the 1st in my family to do so. I've traced my last name back only 175 years and even the information there is sketchy beyond my great great great grandfather. I get so angry because I have no fukking idea where my forefathers come from. I found the name of the people who owned my ancestors but the records beyond that are non existent. It's a travesty.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
look at the primary sources yourself, whether you go and look at them yourself in person or you look on the places Library of Congress.

or know that a primary source exists and realize secondary sources are just ways to interpret them as close as possible. Translations are not the real source of shyt either.

Learn to read Historiographies as well

and then you'll be better than most people when it comes to gathering actual info. dont waste time reading non-fiction if there is no primary sources

One of my goals is by the end of my life to learn Arabic and read them Timbuktu scrolls for myself. And share that info with a select and keep it locked up for my family.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
look at the primary sources yourself, whether you go and look at them yourself in person or you look on the places Library of Congress.

or know that a primary source exists and realize secondary sources are just ways to interpret them as close as possible. Translations are not the real source of shyt either.

Learn to read Historiographies as well

and you're better than most people. dont waste time reading non-fiction if there is no primary sources

One of my goal is by the end of my life to learn Arabic and read them Timbuktu scrolls for myself.
How do you discern forgeries though? My thing is no matter what I read in trying to educate myself, it's difficult for me to know if it's 100% untainted information.

The Fade

Daps
How do you discern forgeries though? My thing is no matter what I read in trying to educate myself, it's difficult for me to know if it's 100% untainted information.
Best way is to visit the source for yourself and discern it. Usually they tell you if something is a replica or not. But ultimately it's up to us Black People to read between the lines.

You could go the extra mile and visit people where these sources come from and ask them about the history instead of relying on White people. But that requires learning a language.

It all depends how far you are willing to get the information. It's not easy.

Start with look at the bibliographies and see if the sources are actual Primary accounts. The more primary accounts the better. Then go through a whole Historiography and start looking at the bibliographies. Then if you care that much, you should pick some langauges to learn so you can read these accounts yourself in the appropriate langauges.

I would love to read off the Dead Sea scrolls or Read Sanskrit one day and figure out all of everything for myself. Thats why I need to get rich so I can lock myself in my study and let my bills hit my checkings with no worry

The Fade

Daps