Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks

220px-Ibram_X._Kendi_2021_%28cropped%29.jpg

220px-Four_Hundred_Souls_%28Ibram_X._Kendi_and_Keisha_N._Blain%29.png

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think the bigger issue right now is that we've got a quasi political movement that pits African Americans against Africans, while we simultaneously peddle bullshyt conspiracies about slavery. We came from Africa. We were enslaved. These are historical facts. There was no African nation in North America, the Olmecs were not black, etc. Our self hatred has morphed into not only being ashamed to be African but now denying we are African.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I would love to read off the Dead Sea scrolls or Read Sanskrit one day and figure out all of everything for myself. Thats why I need to get rich so I can lock myself in my study and let my bills hit my checkings with no worry

Im sort of in the position to do just that, but i thought breh was talking about 'mists of ados history' type shyt, not stuff where you can go interview primary sources.

I know dead languages, but none appropriate to the task. I was literally trained as a(n ancient!) historian, yet i too hit a block with my enslaved ancestors last time i worked on it.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Im sort of in the position to do just that, but i thought breh was talking about 'mists of ados history' type shyt, not stuff where you can go interview primary sources.

I know dead languages, but none appropriate to the task. I was literally trained as a(n ancient!) historian, yet i too hit a block with my enslaved ancestors last time i worked on it.
I've thought about doing shyt like visiting relatives, known and unknown and asking to see stuff like journals, memoirs, photos, relics and asking them about their life stories, cultural practices etc.

could always start with your own family. I remember my family traced our lineage, they sat us down and had us watch a video on it too. Gotta see where that is.

Could always research the Atlantic World Historiography too, talks about how all the coasts touching the Atlantic were/are their own nuance.

I know in Charleston theres a certain type of screw developed in Africa that was found in some forts or Architecture.

I got a couple of journals and books in other languages that talks about "Blacks" being over here first. A lot of sifting through the mists of this history is just keeping your eye open and getting lucky.

Heard a white dude on Destiny's stream even admit the consensus in some academic circles is that Black people did sail over here but couldnt come back due to the Atlantic currents

Theres a lot of places to start