I'm sorry but if you don't hit clubs or don't live in the hood, u can't tell me what's hot!

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
And we not even sayin u need to be involved in the street shyt. Not every nikka is bangin & slangin.

Look at Kendrick. He dont bang or slang, but he from the hood. I bet if nikkaz fukk wit him, he got some Bloods AND Crips that will handle that for him.

Go to the hood. Be around ya people:ufdup:

Kendrick jumped some crips, robbed a house an was in the car wit some nikkas who were having a shootout

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
If you are not paying attention to what the DJs are playing and what people are asking them to play then yeah. What people have a good time to is real important to what's hot. What is killing the clubs in major cities during the summer is what dictates songs of the summer.

Though I think the technology aspect is going to get better because you can see what people play monday through thursday, casual listening times as far as who is getting 'spins'

The internet/technology will never paint the whole picture though.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If you over 30 and this your stance on music and or life in general..... kill yourself.... Let the youngins havr this music shyt bruh. I might bytch and gripe about who they insist is the hottest artist.... But when it comes down to it... My generation got music right. This generation only knows abouy who is trending and how popular they are. Damn a message, authenticity, lyrical ability, or the concept of conceptuality..... All they knowbos twitter likes and who they are TOLD to listen too.
FOH, your generation only listened to whats trending and popular.

nikkas aslo spew this nonsense and then in the next breath say Pac, Biggie, Nas, Wu tang were the best

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
And we not even sayin u need to be involved in the street shyt. Not every nikka is bangin & slangin.

Look at Kendrick. He dont bang or slang, but he from the hood. I bet if nikkaz fukk wit him, he got some Bloods AND Crips that will handle that for him.

Go to the hood. Be around ya people:ufdup:

Didn't you get robbed on Slauson in Cali? :what:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Hot is not really an organic thing and I don't remember the thread starter being great at commentary on the actual culture of hiphop at all.
Hot was always manufactured and marketed.
it was never an organic grassroots creation or black term originally.
Hot is and always was a manufactured pop realm term.
It was never a real cultural grassroots term.
It was applied by art houses in the music business during the disco day to show the come up of marketing disco to white listeners in the boom of disco on the radio.
then applied as a term from white pop pr.
Hot was never a black term.
that was always a white radio disco term or a white valley girl term description.
That was then applied to the urban market in the sales spike era erroneously.

So, even saying hot like it is a black term is offbrand and sending people off from the real.

Hot is one of the very few terms coined from white marketing meetings in the radio gay disco era.
It was never a black term originally and one of the few white coined terms that black culture was forced to appropriate by sellout rap labels in the late 90's and early 2000's as a marketing ploy.

Art Barr