I'm sorry but if you don't hit clubs or don't live in the hood, u can't tell me what's hot!

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What is hot is hot... thats what the thread is about. This has nothing to do with opinion.

Hot was always a marketing spread sheet based ploy.
It has nuffin to do with organically breaking a record and it has no foundation as a black slang term originally.

That is a definite white term brought into the urban realm and marketed to be relevant from an urban standpoint.

Art Barr

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Hot was always a marketing spread sheet based ploy.
It has nuffin to do with organically breaking a record and it has no foundation as a black slang term originally.

That is a definite white term brought into the urban realm and marketed to be relevant from an urban standpoint.

Art Barr
Cut it and New Level are hot.

What marketing is behind those two songs?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Cut it and New Level are hot.

What marketing is behind those two songs?

These records they say are hot are really not hot at all, though.
I won't give streaming numbers credit because if that is the case.
We might as well take directv streaming music numbers from back in the day.

So again like I said,....any record with the word hot behind.
it is not a grassroots record culturally
There is some form of manipulation mainstream wise to even have it played.

Not to mention both those records have no cultural anything to them and are strip club marketing records.
that spawn off the day time tv talk show draw of da smart freestyling intros for guest on jenny Jones., meets luke based sellout Miami bass fake DJ mister magic records.

Just the fact you don't really know the culture like that at all and the genre's and their origins.
show you don't really know what you talking about and speaking from a fraudulent standpoint of culture theft based revision.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Right. If a song isnt a hood classic then its not a hip hop classic period.

a hood classic has nuffin to do with being a hiphop classic.
As most hood nikkaz before hiphop became mainstream outside of NY. all hated on hiphop as a culture and still do.
While showcasing extreme Mecca and actual cultural based envy.
All, because the culture of hiphop came to dominate what pop culture would become or is, currently now.
Like to try to revise history to include this false narrative of egery nikka in every hood is culturally apart of hiphop and it is a lie.
Just like how they try to get across the false narrative of every guy with dreads as righteous.
Then misappropiate an entire religion.
To then skew it into the bullshyt it has become now as well.

All these fake false ass narrative are all well pr'd lies and bullshyt.

Art Barr

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
FOH, your generation only listened to whats trending and popular.

nikkas aslo spew this nonsense and then in the next breath say Pac, Biggie, Nas, Wu tang were the best

You do know back then twitter didnt exist right? And all those you mentioned are/ were the best. They made music from the soul.... Not from the wallet. Learn the difference between the two.

Cake

Banned
Daps
Guess that's dependent on city. Clubs in my city don't play bangers. I know what's hot in the streets because Im a general scumbag and the other scumbags share with me.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You do know back then twitter didnt exist right? And all those you mentioned are/ were the best. They made music from the soul.... Not from the wallet. Learn the difference between the two.

Those were the hottest and trendiest rappers.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
But the streets and the clubs don't even play the same things. Hell. the radio still dictates what's hot in the clubs, so it really doesn't matter.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've found clubs to be boring since I hit 22, shyt doesn't really appeal to me no more, probably why I dislike a lot of the contemporary shyt. I get that hiphop came from the clubs and it's central to the culture but where's the other shyt man?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
fukk the hood and fukk clubs

half of you nikkas don't be in the hood anyways

NASDAQ

Rookie
Daps
might as well drop the name of whats hot where u at