Imagine A Resident Evil game set in the hood

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The Kotaku's of the worlds would ruin it because liberal white people think it's their jobs to police black people like special needs kids.

See Cyberpunk

iu

Opppp, that's racist

That's problematic

What about the black women?

What about the trans, short, laser printer identifying, non binaries?

Why does he talk like that?

Should we celebrating a game with black people being voilent?

I hope ya'll see why "black content" isn't made unless it's basically stories of chocolate covered white people (aka black experiences from a lense that white ppl would understand is because of this woke bullshyt.
Sounds like the GTA San Andreas launch.... White people was more upset than any black person alive... Rockstar would never make that mistake again.... Unless they gave you 2 white characters to balance it out

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
I like the idea but the difficulty is how do you present the hood in a horror environment. Most horror games have already made us explore dilapidated housing, corridors etc. The hood is about dialogue, culture, style. You kinda interfer with those things when you have to present zombies and darkness and emptiness.

My thought would be to pick a population dense environment. Build lore via minority character npc’s and audiologs that speak to “hood culture”. Like the outbreak is product of polluted Flint water supply scenario that wasn’t rectified by racist legislation. Explain the low ammo, health items, etc. that define survival horror through the low resources provided to the hood. Explore environments like public transit, public parks, jail. Maybe have collectibles related to the culture or a customization or skins related to the culture. All this must be done in a tasteful way tho.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I like the idea but the difficulty is how do you present the hood in a horror environment. Most horror games have already made us explore dilapidated housing, corridors etc. The hood is about dialogue, culture, style. You kinda interfer with those things when you have to present zombies and darkness and emptiness.

My thought would be to pick a population dense environment. Build lore via minority character npc’s and audiologs that speak to “hood culture”. Like the outbreak is product of polluted Flint water supply scenario that wasn’t rectified by racist legislation. Explain the low ammo, health items, etc. that define survival horror through the low resources provided to the hood. Explore environments like public transit, public parks, jail. Maybe have collectibles related to the culture or a customization or skins related to the culture. All this must be done in a tasteful way tho.

Its really simple, the intro showcases the area before the outbreak, the characters fashion, majority of the cast being non white, social commentary about gentrification here and there, graffiti etc

It's literally not difficult to do.

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
a world threatening deadly virus localized only in the hood? sounds corny as fukk to me

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Sounds like the GTA San Andreas launch.... White people was more upset than any black person alive... Rockstar would never make that mistake again.... Unless they gave you 2 white characters to balance it out

That was a totally different climate.

I've never been annoyed at a game not being out that Cyberpunk 2077.

It's broken EVERY "woke" rule and it's still six months til it's out.

Again, the idea incels effect game sales has been proven fake;

The Rey Star Wars trilogy made fukking damn near $5 billion in profit

Budget‎: ‎$837 million (total for VII, VIII, IX)
Box office‎: ‎$4.461 billion (total for VII, VIII, IX)

(google)

So, I wouldn't care about white boys not playing because they have to play "as a black guy"

But, that "other" crowd ruins everything and it have to go deep into reddit to find the incels

Every mainstream outlet would have something to say about the game we're making up

Or maybe I'm just jaded...