In regards to ya boi James Harden...

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
I see alot of posters throwing shade on Harden and the main argument is his defense is poor. But let me remind you that in the year where he got jipped for his mvp award (last year) this man was top 10 in steals per game and number 1 in total steals :francis:..( number 1 was another nikka y'all love to talk shyt about, MVP Curry) Whats up with you cats? Y'all just love to hate huh?
I know his defense can be bad but dont sit up and act like he aint capable :mjlol:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Getting a lot of steals doesnt automatically qualify you as a great defender. Some people are just good at shooting the gap and being self aware around passing lanes.

As far as Harden goes... Dude just disinterested at times on defense. He lets people blow by him as if he has Dwight Howard there toclean up after him every time. Problem is Dwight is not the Dwigh of old that be out there swatting everything that comes to the rim. Harden doesnt seem like he got the memo

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He let Draymond Green boulder back ass blow by him multiple times
Nolan.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I see alot of posters throwing shade on Harden and the main argument is his defense is poor. But let me remind you that in the year where he got jipped for his mvp award (last year) this man was top 10 in steals per game and number 1 in total steals :francis:..( number 1 was another nikka y'all love to talk shyt about, MVP Curry) Whats up with you cats? Y'all just love to hate huh?
I know his defense can be bad but dont sit up and act like he aint capable :mjlol:

First of all this narrative that he got "jipped" for last year's MVP needs to really die. He was definitely in the conversation, but please let's not pretend like Curry getting the MVP was some sort of terrible all time inaccuracy.

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
Steals doesn't mean great defense...
Right so steals ain't shyt but an empty stat now huh? :rudy: You cats be wildin

Getting a lot of steals doesnt automatically qualify you as a great defender. Some people are just good at shooting the gap and being self aware around passing lanes.

As far as Harden goes... Dude just disinterested at times on defense. He lets people blow by him as if he has Dwight Howard there toclean up after him every time. Problem is Dwight is not the Dwigh of old that be out there swatting everything that comes to the rim. Harden doesnt seem like he got the memo

And I actually agree with the second part of this post but will one of you old heads explain how being #3 in the league in steals doesn't have anything to do with great defense? Maybe I'm just too young go head school me breh

Man go watch some damn games.

James Harden is one of the worst defenders of all time , absolutely clueless on the defensive end.

dude straight up forgets to look at his defender or even worse once his defender passes him he doesn't even recognize it until the other player has scored
Dude I've seen dude play live on numerous occasions plus have followed him since OKC.. It's obvious it's more about effort than capability.

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
But people were shytting on the rockets all year for their defense on here. Which is it breh? Harden benefitting off the next mans d or the Rockets defense is trash? Oochie Wally or One Mic?
You can get steals from another mans great defense, i see bad defenders benefit from that all the time

Fani Willis fan

Veteran
Daps
But people were shytting on the rockets all year for their defense on here. Which is it breh? Harden benefitting off the next mans d or the Rockets defense is trash? Oochie Wally or One Mic?
the premise of your thread is last year breh

also they had good defenders at every position to hide Harden

Beverly
Ariza
Brewer
Smith
Howard

come on breh