In regards to ya boi James Harden...

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I see alot of posters throwing shade on Harden and the main argument is his defense is poor. But let me remind you that in the year where he got jipped for his mvp award (last year) this man was top 10 in steals per game and number 1 in total steals :francis:..( number 1 was another nikka y'all love to talk shyt about, MVP Curry) Whats up with you cats? Y'all just love to hate huh?
I know his defense can be bad but dont sit up and act like he aint capable :mjlol:
fukk outta here :pacspit:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Right so steals ain't shyt but an empty stat now huh? :rudy: You cats be wildin

And I actually agree with the second part of this post but will one of you old heads explain how being #3 in the league in steals doesn't have anything to do with great defense? Maybe I'm just too young go head school me breh

Dude I've seen dude play live on numerous occasions plus have followed him since OKC.. It's obvious it's more about effort than capability.

He's clueless on defense. Sometimes a steal can be the ball just falling into your hands. But he backs away from the offensive player, damn near every single time. He leaves the ball to guard an open space. These are things you don't do unless it's intentional. The only other player I've seen with the same amount of defensive effort is Amare.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
And I actually agree with the second part of this post but will one of you old heads explain how being #3 in the league in steals doesn't have anything to do with great defense? Maybe I'm just too young go head school me breh
Steals for the most part are opportunistic. If you're a guard and your PF is guarding the opposing PF and pokes the ball away and you grab it you are credited the steal from what i understand. You got awarded the steal but the one who poked the ball away is the one that defended the play. Very rarely to people just flat out rip a dribbler anymore. THe fact that you get steals shows me you are at least paying attention on defense. Doesnt mean you can stop anyone one on one

FOR EXAMPLE: We've seen many players that were great shot blockers but horrible low-post defenders. Shaquille ONeal and Chris Webber were perfect examples of those. You put Shaq or C-Web to defend a dominant low-post scorer and they'll struggle and/or get into foul trouble. But they get tons of blocks.

Edit: the example i gave would be credited to the PF. But still a lot of plays happen when i see players get credited for steals when they were just there to recover a loose ball or intercepted an errant pass

Last edited:

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
you have disruptive defenders, which allows Harden to get leak outs off deflections but not the benefactor

can you find a clip of Harden turning somebody over for a steal ?
Sure can.
I'll even post two just for you

Ball didn't seem to "fall into his hands" here

The GOAT beard :wow:

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Sure can.
I'll even post two just for you

Ball didn't seem to "fall into his hands" here

The GOAT beard :wow:

the first one is a good example

the second one Howard and Brewer hedged the passer and Harden got the deflection. Exactly what I was talking about.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol these nba nikkas dont give a fukk...harden getting p*ssy, making money, getting buckets...nikka dont care about winning

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I saw Harden play good man to man defense when he was a 2nd or 3rd year player on the Thunder. He can do it, he just doesn't care.

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
You seem upset, son.... :jbhmm:
Nah thunn I was just about to get on ya ass for disrespecting my rockets..Basically if youre Hawks fan you can't really say shyt cuz they suck now and have completely crumbled since D Carey left:yeshrug: