Interracial dating/marriage

Luna

All Star
Daps
This is why I struggle with it so much Luna. My last girlfriend was Italian. She and I were best friends. We were trying to have a baby, lol it was a lot of fun! I told her I was scared because she doesn't know what it's like to be black. And she doesn't know what her kids will and I experience on a daily basis.

When I told her what I experienced she seemed shocked and started crying. I wasn't comfortable having kids with her after that. When I talk to black women about my thoughts they understand my position and support me.

The interracial families I know are weird. The kids are only black on certain holidays and one month out of the year. Other than that they identify as Jewish or Christian and really step away from their African heritage. again, I can only speak from what I've experienced in my suburban bubble.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I can't give you any advice because I don't want kids. I will say that interracial relationships should be 'colorblind.' Which is hard to achieve in the U.S.

I have a white sister and it's crazy to think about it because I don't even see her as 'white', I see her as just... my family.

But that's besides the point. IR can work out if your partner has the right mind and if they're ready to raise a half-black child in America. Which requires them to be racially concious, ergo NOT colorblind.

Man, it's complicated.
:francis:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
View media item 7109I'm so sick of you stupid non-reading illiterate fatherless muthafuccas spreading this shyt about me. I have never dated a white man. Ever. The post was a joke and Poitiers fakkit dikk sucking Black woman hating ass IS A LIAR

Why don't you go down the park and suck some dikks for lunch money???

If any Black women DO date white men, it is ONLY and SOLELY because of limp wristed, anal leaking, homosexuals like you who are UNLOVEABLE and will NEVER have a Black wife or family.

You are the reason that Black women date white men... YOU and people like you.
i see alot of anger and passion in this post, something is obviously going on with u internally, its not that serious. Dont try to bring this diplomatic thread down buy starting a another BM vs BW war

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
If any Black women DO date white men, it is ONLY and SOLELY because of limp wristed, anal leaking, homosexuals like you who are UNLOVEABLE and will NEVER have a Black wife or family.

You are the reason that Black women date white men... YOU and people like you.
Sounding like the black men who date white women just to spite black women but with the genders flipped.

2 wrongs dont make a right.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
Where is the line. If a woman is bi-racial and has identified as a black woman in any other way.....is dating her a negative?
The humanist approach ain't working fam. I've seen these mixed kids marginalize their blackness and pull it when it's convenient. But to the world they're black as Wesley Snipes.

I consider anyone who's not white black in America. But that doesn't mean they identity as black. My question to you is why do people with your position think being born black is enough?

We have a responsibility to our community to develop and preserve it. That requires cultural and racial diversity and conservation and appreciation of Black.
Your kids would be black, so no.
This.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The humanist approach ain't working fam. I've seen these mixed kids marginalize their blackness and pull it when it's convenient. But to the world they're black as Wesley Snipes.

I consider anyone who's not white black in America. But that doesn't mean they identity as black. My question to you is why do people with your position think being born black is enough? We have a social responsibility to our communities to develop and preserving it. That requires cultural and racial diversity and conservation and appreciation of Black.

This.
Where did I say bring being born black is enough?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I feel you. I still believe you gotta find someone who's compatible and actually likes you, though. If you miss the chance of being happy because of their race then you're not fully living your life.
This
basically I don't love or respect deez hoes. So me dating black women would be in no way enriching their lives or the race as a whole. If anything I would just be fukking up their heads
One of the most incongruent narratives on this board is how people wag their fingers at others for IR dating but then will go in the next thread with cautionary tales of the ills of women, or in harsher terms, hoes ain't shyt :jbhmm:

If one only dates one race what are they saying :jbhmm:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I've dated a lot. I live in an ethnically diverse liberal area. I also work for white families with African babies. For some reason interracial dating bothers me now.

I'm all for love being colorless, but black women and men get shyt on everyday, and I think it's important for us to be together on meaning black is beautiful. More often than not black is tolerated and not embraced when it comes to cultural standards of beauty.

It breaks my heart when black boys and girls I work with think their hair is ugly because it isn't straight like their classmates. Or they think black hair and black eyes aren't beautiful.

Black women don't date out as much as black men. Fellas, we need to come home. We have to stop placing anything mixed with black over black. Imagine the message that sends to black women and girls everywhere. It tells them we don't think they're beautiful and we don't support them.

Ladies, I understand you wanting to date someone who's on your level but it's discouraging that typically black women with college degrees marry interracially. I feel college educated black men do the interracial thing heavy too. I'm speaking from experience and what I see in the suburbs I work in.

Feel free to contribute by insulting me, agreeing with me, or disagreeing. I'd like to hear from everyone.

Are you a chick