Interview with Amazon

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Congrats my guy, I got an offer at JPMorgan bout a year and a half ago for that new development hub they built in delaware but I took another offer

What happened with the Amazon thing? Chinese dude I worked with went there and only lasted a year, Seattle is one of the whitest major cities and kind of isolated so I wonder if it's worth going out there for Amazon knowing how hard it is to STAY at amazon. The prospect of making $300k is :whew: though so I'd probably still do it and just start looking at other tech companies in seattle in case shyt went left quick

As far as minorities in tech, i'm a software developer with 8-9 yrs exp and I've NEVER had another black programmer on my team. I only ONCE had another black person (project manager who use to be a developer back in the day). It's crazy

The amazon thing is crazy how much they lose employees

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
Congrats my guy, I got an offer at JPMorgan bout a year and a half ago for that new development hub they built in delaware but I took another offer

What happened with the Amazon thing? Chinese dude I worked with went there and only lasted a year, Seattle is one of the whitest major cities and kind of isolated so I wonder if it's worth going out there for Amazon knowing how hard it is to STAY at amazon. The prospect of making $300k is :whew: though so I'd probably still do it and just start looking at other tech companies in seattle in case shyt went left quick

As far as minorities in tech, i'm a software developer with 8-9 yrs exp and I've NEVER had another black programmer on my team. I only ONCE had another black person (project manager who use to be a developer back in the day). It's crazy

Didn't know they had a lot of people quit or get fired. Maybe this is a blessing!!

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4

My boy is actually from the Southside but moved out to the West Coast with his wife a few years ago. Got in with Amazon, moved up to Seattle from LA and was like a project manager or some shyt. Long story short he ends up working every day with no help and ended up passing out at work from exhaustion. He went on medical leave and never went back. This shyt happened almost a year ago...if you're in there best of luck but again be careful, it was easily the worst work experience of his life

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My boy is actually from the Southside but moved out to the West Coast with his wife a few years ago. Got in with Amazon, moved up to Seattle from LA and was like a project manager or some shyt. Long story short he ends up working every day with no help and ended up passing out at work from exhaustion. He went on medical leave and never went back. This shyt happened almost a year ago...if you're in there best of luck but again be careful, it was easily the worst work experience of his life
:damn:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
so im here in Seattle for an interview with Amazon. They speak a lot about diversity but I kid you not the only other black person I saw today was security desk lady. Not even sure they are an employee.

What's up with Black folks not being in the tech world? Nothing but Indians, Russians, and white people.
remember the STAR approach to answering their questions

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus